Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back from Paragon- you guys are CRAZY!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudNurI, Aug 12, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Well, we made it back, Wayne & Donna THANKS FOR THE GREAT TIME!

For those of you that don't know, we didn't take Mudnuri down from VT, we brought two of our quad's, and enjoyed the trip just as much as the "truckers"...though we did not have ANY breakage ...

We hung out with the trucks while they did the Q Trail, after that willy's had parts snapping off, we decided to take cover on a different trail, came back to find Josh starting. Watched him for quite some time, missed Mike going up.......but got to see Mike come back down M trail..WICKED trail!

We took of on our quad's for a bit, found a few of those red trails, on accident...spent some time playing in the mud, John got covered!....and wow does PA mud STINK!

Had a great time with everyone, and took down 7 rolls of film to be developed and put on disk today when we got home, I should have them up and ready on Thursday at some point.

On our way home, we found out that those "loud speakers" that troopers have on their cars really can be heard inside a truck, with windows up and A/C on....PA state trooper, and I quote him

<font color="blue">gee can you see behind your trailer with those stock mirrors? I sure hope so </font color>
    He didn't stop us, just kept on his way, but figured to be safe rather than sorry,

Next exit, we found an autozone still open, and got some snap on extenders.

Okay the list for next year is pretty big! John wants to trailer down Mudnuri, and seems he want's to do some serious wheelin. I can tell you now, that we are NOT going 1 ton, but will be 3/4 by then.

Eddie (what the heck is your user name?)....I hope the pics of your truck come out, we will be twins if the do....

See you all next year!

Brandy

2. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I am buying a quad, you seemed to be enjoying yourself more than anyone else. Pete.

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yunit... buy a polaris 700 twin!!! they're friggin awesome and they're better than honda, arctic cat, and kawasaki.

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Pete I think I was enjoying myself more because regardless of what I did to the quad, I was only going to have to push it onto the trailer and haul it home. I didn't have to worry about driving it out like you guys did.

sorry to hear about your trip home...seems everyone ended up with some damage one way or another this weekend.

Brandy

5. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Hey Mudnuri Eddies name user name is Reble88. His paint scheme is pretty sweet.
    Ike

6. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Just realized I spelled it wrong. Its Rebel88.
    Ike

7. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

brandy my username is Rebel88

yeah thatd be cool to have a "little" brother/sister out there...but my rig will return next year hopefully with 44s and a companion in the form of a 78 longbed

def. gonna have to get my hands on a quad for next year...you and john seemed to have a blast on those things...i was kinda jealous

we shoulda traded seat time for a little while /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Later

8. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I really like the "backwards two tone" you have....so instead of you being the only one, there will be two /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Mine won't be on 44's...MAYBE 39.5's but we will see about that. My christmas list is getting VERY big...along with presents picked out for columbus day, labor day 4th of july etc....BUT no sawzall in the picture...I told you guys- NO WAY are they getting cut. If I have to I'll sleep under the truck so I can hear Boss when he get's near it..

When we come down next year, we are planning on putting Mudnuri on the trailer, along with both the quad's.....This way, when I get tired of watching stuff break I can take off with the quad.....We will more than likely be bringing down two Honda 300's instead of the big Rubicons,,,some trails were a little hairy with a quad of that size...

I'll let ya take them for a ride, and would have if you had told me you wanted to! I'm still searching the posts on here to find a picture of me in the mud, but I'm sure those of you with digital camera's forgot about little ol me....... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif ...though I have 7 rolls FULL of you guys!

Brandy

9. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

nope i didnt forget about you...i got a good pic or two of you ripping up the mudhole on sunday...

as soon as i get them up ill post a link...

i wanna see those pics when you get em back

Later

p.s. next year ill remember that quad ride thing if i dont have one of my own up there

10. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I know Donna took a few pictures too, but she is waiting like me to get them on the disk's...can't wait to see it..unfortunetly, our camera was in my quad, so John didn't get to take any..Mud is wicked! I really didn't think the second time through that I was going to get out, which is why I stopped. John got a bit nervous when he saw the water was above the muffler, he was sure I was going to really screw up the new quad...still shocked that I was able to throw enough weight around to get the thing to move. Damn quad must weigh 4 times what I weigh! Amazing what a bit of adrenaline can do for ya!

Speaking of the mud hole...we took the quad's out of the trailer tonight...there must be 5lbs of the crap on the floor of the trailer..not counting the quads. I finished up the last roll with pictures of the quads, covered in mud.. I wiped off the front honda sticker on each one, so you can see what color they are suppose to be. It was hard to tell which one was Red, and which one was Green.... Still trying to get the crap out of my shirt/pants/socks/boots etc.... I think John may end up taking the boots to work tomorrow and hitting them with the power washer....

oh and next year, we will remember to buy our beer in Vermont before we leave....I'll even get enough for you guys... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Brandy

11. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Brandy...

It was a blast to have another female along that was as wild as me. LOL!!!!! Can't wait till next year. I think I may have even talked my hubby into a 4 inch lift on mine instead of 2 and maybe even 35's. So we will see.

Glad to see that you guy's made it home okay. I really had a blast. we should plan to get together again some time. And I don't neccessarily(sp) mean to wheel.

I also suffered damage.....but I'm not the least bit worried. I broke the pin nut inside the hub and well you know about tree. LOL!!!! I even messed up the u joint in the drive shaft. That makes me the maddest because we just put those in a week ago. Oh well....we'll fix it and move on. Not near as expensive as others.

I should have my other pics back on Wednesday and posted by Thursday. Can't wait to see the ones of my truck.

12. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

hick, i got some film of you power braking some pits. im haveing trouble compressing the image so when i get my sh1t together i may just email you a cd. cowboy hat and all /forums/images/icons/cool.gif .

northerner
    Ryan

13. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Now that cowboy hat made all the difference!

Ryan, did you happen to get any shots of me in the mud Sunday? I'm dying to see what it looked like!

Brandy

14. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

yankee,

sweet let me know...im still getting all my pics onto webshots and i should be done tonight so ill post up...ive got two pics of me and you parked beside each other at the top of that hill...looks pretty sweet

brandy i know for sure i got one of you and ill have that up with the rest

Later

15. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

i dont think so. i took it easy on the camera the second day. but maybe my dad nabbed some shots. ill let you know
    later
    Ryan

16. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

just threw some pics up in the other ucp post...check em out

Later

17. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Damn, sounds like we missed a great time (Noangel and I were in Maine), I guess we are definitely going to have to make it (one way or another) next year. Glad to hear everybody had fun, and the carnage was not irreversable.

18. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    just threw some pics up in the other ucp post...check em out

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't find the pics. Where did you post them specifically? Sorry, I'm slow today... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

19. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

They are in my post for the Aftermath of the UCP run. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

20. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status