Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back from South America!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Gold Rush, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,

Well I'm back in one piece. I must say if anybody gets a job offer from DynCorp Intl. www.dyncorp.com be very careful. They did nothing but lie to me so I would go down to South America for them. When I got there nothing was what it was supposed to be. There was no shop for me to work in, had to work in the sun, mud and had only a few hand tools. There were no T.O.'s to speak of. Had to pay for a bunch of stuff out of my own pocket with promises of getting reimbursed when they were supposed to pay all my expenses while I was there. Don't know when I will be paid for my contract with them, the finance guy told me it could be anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months and of course they told me before I left that my money would be waiting for me when I got home. That really stinks since the extra money from this job was going to buy a FI 454 for my rig! I do have to say that they did put me up in a 5 star hotel where I could step onto the balcony and watch the ocean waves. When the hotel tried to put the bill on my CC I called up the company and raised hell, so it took them a couple hours but they said they would straighten it out. I better not see a bill that large on my CC or I'll have an attorney breathing down their neck!!

The moral to this story is even though it's in writing doesn't mean a company will keep their end of the contract.

Sorry for the rant but had to do it.

Overall I'm still healthy and survived. I'm home now to work on my rig and go wheelin!!!! I actually got home Friday but my wife arranged a babysitter for the weekend and shanghighed me and took me to Lake Tahoe for the weekend. We had a great time. Now it's back to business and work on Monday!!!

David

P.S. I must have seen 15 or so K5's down there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Where in South America were you? And welcome back!!