Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back from testing at Carnegie.

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Gold Rush, Jun 16, 2002.

1. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Well I was testing the latest mods out at Carnegie this morning. I broke the cardinal rule of 4 wheeling /forums/images/icons/blush.gif , I went out alone. I figured no big deal cause there will be other rigs ou there also /forums/images/icons/wink.gif , wrong. I was the only 4WD out there. Still no big deal cause I'm just testing a few things out. Wrong again. I was on the rock pile there and was 3/4 of the way through and got both front and rear axles hung up. Just before it happened I was thinking maybe I should get out and check my line in the rocks. Of course there was no winch point to hook up to so I started stacking rocks the best I could. Of course since I'm just testing a few things I didn't even have a jack with me /forums/images/icons/blush.gif . /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Some cycle riders decide to come over and watch this fool that came unprepared try and get himself unstuck /forums/images/icons/grin.gif . Then it happened, I was stacking some more rocks and some how my hand got smashed by a rock. Of course I was in serious pain but figured I just smashed it until I saw blood dripping. I was holding my hand with the other so I unwrap it and see the bone in my pinky. Now I'm pissed cause, of course since I'm just testing a few things I didn't even have my first aid kit with me /forums/images/icons/confused.gif . I KNOW BETTER THAN TO DO THIS STUFF and even preach to beginners to always bring these things with them whenever wheeling. I wrapped my finger in a dirty rag since that's all I had and proceded to try and get myself unstuck. After a half hour I got my rig out and headed for the Ranger station. All they could do is let me wash it out with water and give me a bandage. I loaded up my rig and headed for home. Called my wife once I got into range and had her call Kaiser for me. They told her I must goto Walnut Creek to be seen at the E.R. So I stop by the house and jump in the van with her and Raven. We then spend the next six hours getting x-rays and stitches.

The moral to this story and the reason I'm even telling you (since I'm embarrased how stupid I was) is no matter how quick of a trip or how small the amount of wheelin your gonna do BE PREPARED.

David

P.S. Did I mention I had a pair of leather gloves in the truck and wasn't wearing them while stacking rocks?

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

David David David----
    You know that dumbassdodge just lost the cowbell RIGHT....(bet ya can guess who will get it now???)
    Well glad to hear that all is ok now and you are home in good shape...mike [​IMG]

3. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

And I thought I had a bad day......

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Hope you are OK...On the lighter side...How'd Goldrush run????

5. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Off idle acceleration is very hard to control. Other than that fuel injection is the greatest thing since sliced bread. On the hills there was not even a sputter. I must say I think I'm going to love it!!!

David

P.S. Are you ready for the NorCalRally? If my rig keeps running this good I'll be there.

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Damn Rookie!!!!!
    heehee J/K Brother!
    On the brighterside the finger will heel and you got off the rocks!
    So yor motor ran OK then? Are you now ready for BF? I am almost ready. Spent the whole day yesterday wrenchin and playin. I think I finnaly got my motor running right again!!
    See ya soon
    Burt

7. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

DUDE! Sounds like an interesting time. Where are there BIG enough rocks to get totally hung up on there? I guess if the Rocks are there you'll find them. Glad you made it home. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. LiftedAssDodge

LiftedAssDodge 1/2 ton status

woooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no cowbell for me

9. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

There was two more things I wanted to do before BF. 1st was fab up some tube doors. 2nd was to tie my cage into my seat mounts. Doesn't look like those will get done, but all the rest got done.

David

10. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Oh well what doesn't get done will have to get done before we head out to Utah!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif