Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back from the mid-west road trip to Chicago and St. Louis

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Desert Rat, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Had to take a business trip for some R&D. Spent 2 1/2 days in Chicago and 2 1/2 days in St. Louis. The city of Chicago is pretty fun, but talk about a flat area! I really liked St. Louis. The new ballpark is nice and I had a good time. Got to see the arch, had dinner on "The Hill" and of course I was able to hit Chicago and Kirkwood (St. Louis Co.) Harley-Davidson for my obligatory T-shirts. Stopped into a real dive hot dog joint in Chicago for a great hot dog at a place called Maxwells on 31st I think. Got to see Lake Michigan, which just looks like the ocean to be honest it is so damn big for a lake. Had dinner at Gibsons for an arm and a leg, went to the top of the Hancock tower and got vertigo. All in all, a good time considering I was working most of the trip. The weather was nice in Chicago but started getting hot in St. Louis. Considering it has been solid rain in the SF area it was a nice change. It hit 90 when we left though.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Good time of year to go I guess. Mizzou and southern Illinois get hot as hell during the summer, along with the humidity, it really, really sucks...............:D

I'm still waiting on work to seen me on some awesome road trip. Just the other day, a couple of the old timers were talking about going to WA and FLA and Iowa (well I don't think anyone considers Iowa an awesome road trip:haha:). About the best I can get is either crossing the state line to pick up some riff raff, and that jail is ten minutes from my house, or my annual trip across the state to either drop off prisoners or pick them up.

3. Desert Rat

Well, just to rub it in then, I've got a conference in June in Florida being held at one of the Disney resorts......:D

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Can ya PM your official title at work? Maybe if I could pull the wool over the eyes of management, I can get that title too and be gone every so often. Beats the BS drama lately..........................:D

5. Desert Rat

PM sent. I was going to claim "The All Being, master of time, space, and dimension. Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Omnipresent" but I didn't think anybody would buy it.........

6. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

Yeah, STL is getting really hot fast. High of 95 today I believe. I get to go to a Cards game at the new stadium tomorrow. The Hill has some kick ass restaurants too.

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

What?!?! And you didn't even make time to stop at the home of Bigfoot 4x4?

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I think I've tried that line a few times and didn't get anywhere myself.:haha: :haha: :haha:

9. Desert Rat

We were booked solid with meetings but some of the crew slipped off to a night game at the new stadium and the arch. I only saw the arch when we picked them up. The restaurant we went to on The Hill was Gia's or Zia's or something like that. The food was excellent. I would've liked to have more free time to get around but time was tight. We did get to Ted Drewe's Frozen Custard and that was very tasty, along with the eye candy....

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

The Arch is amazing. I don't think St. Louis is as thought of as it should be (probably because of East St. Louis), but to think about the history of that place is just downright amazing. To think that at one time, St. Louis was the jumping off point into an unknown wilderness and from what I have read, if you were not ready to end a man's life at a drop of a hat, you stayed away from the riverfront. Seems like the area was the place to be if ya wanted to be drunk and carousing around with whores.:D

11. Desert Rat

I've been to several cities with that reputation.......

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I think my ex-wife is a ringleader in one of those cities. :rolleyes:

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

She probably learned her craft from my ex-wife:D