Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back from the racetrack...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryan B., Aug 14, 2004.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Went up to sac raceway to run my car down the quarter mile friday for 'test and tune'.
    Only got 2 passes and my fuel pressure regulator decided to take a crap and start leaking fuel all over... it was fun spending half an hour loading my camaro back onto the trailer with a ratchet strap. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    Pretty happy with my first passes ever... Met my goal of gettin into the 11's all motor.
    [​IMG]
    First run 12.1 @ 115mph
    Second run 11.8 @ 115mph

Pretty quick. As the sun went down and it got cooler after these 2 runs, and a few more runs for practice i know i could have picked up a few more tenths. Oh well next time! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I will post the video next week. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

awesome deal congrats /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

woah thats pretty fast! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

dude nice R/T's i wan to take the mini down there to see what it will do /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Ryan B.

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    My friends can't go that fast all motor, they're going low 12's on the motor, low 11's on a 150 shot, low 10's on a 250 shot. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif
    I was shifting around 6600-6800, With 4.10's and 27" tires i was around 6800 rpms going through the traps. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Those 2 passes, it spun the tires pretty good in 1st. If i was running full slicks and it dead hooked 11.50's seem very possible.
    A 150 shot of juice should take off a full second off of my time putting me in the high 10's. A 250 shot would give me 9 second potential... but i'd probably be running outta gear and should swap to 3.90 gears or so if i add nitrous. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

DAMN your cars quick!! How about the blazer? Do you have a cage?

7. Ryan B.

Nah i towed my camaro up there behind my sis' '97 suburban... tow's much better than my k5! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    My camaro? Nah no cage. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Yah my K5 has a 6 pt cage but you don't need a cage unless you break 11.99 or faster. I meant to ask them if its cool to run a lifted 4x4 truck but i forgot.
    The tech inspection for test and tune was a joke. I was all worried about getting my car to meet all the tech requirements, and they barely looked it over.
    Infineon raceway is real strict i hear. I'd probably get booted for no cage.

8. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

EXACTLY why I asked, I go to Infineon. I sure hope my blazers not to big to race.

9. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

You didnt redlight? Reaction time .188? I thought .500 was the threshold?

10. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

damn, you guys are havin all the fun out there, wish we had a park or track like that!
    damn,.,. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

that I believe is the time after the preset .500 light.
    I'd have to try and find my twins timeslips from when we took his 1950 chevy there.
    300hp 350 with a 12 bolt and a th350 staying in 2nd through the lights at a 14.4 at 98 for a $2500 project. he would burn out half track since theres no weight on it.

he then dumped $6K into a 400+ 350 and race prepped th400 but since pulled them out of there and they are in my old 79 jimmy he bought.

12. Ryan B.

Nah. my .188 is plus the .500 light, so i pulled a .688.
    Was my first time out getting used to the lights.. and i didn't want to redlight. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    Guys going slower than me were pulling 1.65 60' times and i went 1.9 & 1.8.. so i should be able to launch it better next time. I'll play with the jetting and advance the timing 2-4 degrees next time out. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif