Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back From the Rubicon

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zakk, Jul 21, 2003.

1. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Mad adventure.

We changed my t-case adapter on the side of Highway 50 with 3 ratchet straps, two trailer ramps and a brick. The 'Con was awsome, Keith rolled, Dave got out, The guy in a red jeep that was drunk and wheeling is an asshat (to steal Bubba's verbiage /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Props:
    Nick: coming down from Folsom to lend a hand
    Joe: Coming down from Grass Valley to help out and then come wheeling with the clothes on his back! (p.s. Joe needs more sun :P )
    Tony: McGuyver, nuff said! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Keith: it's always an adventure with that guy
    Noel, Chadinator, Wes: Great fun, lots of fun wheeling, funny stories.

in all, Good Friends + 'Con = don't want to come home.

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice! Sounds fun. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

3. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

pics!! we demand pics!!!! sounds like you had fun eh, cool deal!

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

zakk, glad to see you got home alright..

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The guy in a red jeep that was drunk and wheeling is an asshat (to steal Bubba's verbiage )

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do I have a funny feeling I know who you are talking about? Ya don't have to name names out here in public view.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i forgot the guy's name...i think Joe posted it, IIRc, but i can't find his post.

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Glad to see ya made it home alright. I now know exactly who rents tranny jacks in Sacramento by my house, and for how much... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

so where are the pics and video you promised us /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif glad you made it home ok /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i forgot the guy's name...i think Joe posted it, IIRc, but i can't find his post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I remembered Joe's post, that's what made me say what I said /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Ummm, did ya get pics of him so I could show him the next time I see him? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

pics and video was lmited. we discussed it and this is what we came up with:

when your at the extreme areas, those that wheel in are needed. few people just walk in to watch. so alot of it is wheeling in and out, and have little time to get pics or video.

I got some, not alot, and I'll go through it later.

11. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    pics and video was lmited. we discussed it and this is what we came up with:

when your at the extreme areas, those that wheel in are needed. few people just walk in to watch. so alot of it is wheeling in and out, and have little time to get pics or video.

I got some, not alot, and I'll go through it later.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Filming and wheelin just dont mix.Unless you have a designated photographer.Its not right you guys having that much fun without your boys.lol
    Sounds like Tony had to use his "skills" again to get you goin.That guy is a good guy to wheel with.He wont give up.When it comes to patching a rig back together he gets my vote for the most determined. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe had a few choice word for Bob Roggy (I think).How did he git Joe so pissed? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Bob Roggy it was. I hope that dick head reads this.

Anyways, I get pissed pretty easily. We had pulled aside to let a couple broke rigs through. Bob and another rig came through, Kieth told him we had pulled aside to let the broke rigs come through, He goes "Well, I'm broke too so I have right of way", and went through us like he owned the trail. I was down the trail helping the broke guys, when he pulled up, I told him he was gonna either have to back up or get completly out of the way. He was drinking like a fish, one had on the steering wheel, one hand on his beer. Yelled to his buddy, "Hey pull off the side, we got a show to watch. You city folk should turn some lights on so you can see where your not goin." It was about 10:30 at night. I told him he was outnumbered and shut his fat drunk A$$ up. So after we let the broke guys on through, Bob and his buddy jammed through. They were running no lights at all. We had 3 rigs, and Zaks was the ONLY one with lights. Zakk had his headlights, his lights on the front bumper and his rock lights goin so the lightless rigs could follow fairly safely. Bobs group kept yellin back at us to kill the lights. They finally pulled over to let us go by, When we passed, He goes "Ya'all come from the city and bring some lights?" I almost lost my temper. hehe. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Told him to shut his fat drunk a$$ up again, and flew him a nice fat middle finger. Almost bailed out of the rig and had some close up and personal words with him. Perhaps I should try to work on my temper...It wouldn't look good for me or the guys I was with if I had bashed the idiot with rock or somethin. Felt pretty good to talk $hit though. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

"Like Swampers through the granite, so are the days of our lives" /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Also, bein in the rig with Kieth when he rolled was frickin cool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The funny thing is, when I saw him headin for a boulder 2 feet taller than the 44" Bogger, I knew exactly was gonna happen. LOL! I just kept my mouth shut and pulled my hands off the cage so I didn't get my fingers smashed. Kieth, dude! Did you really think we were gonna get away with that without rolling? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

There is controling your temper.. And then there are some people that just deserve a boot up there arse.. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

15. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    There is controlling your temper.. And then there are some people that just deserve a boot up there arse.. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    ill second that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and people who drink and drive or wheel are definitely people who need the boot up the a$$ /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

16. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Was the moon full? Lots of folks run trails without lights at night if they have a lot of moon light. Once your eyes adjust you can actually see more. The headlights mean you can only see where the lights are pointed.

Try it sometime.

Bob is pretty well respected. From what I hear he's pretty easy to get along with. He's also gone on in the middle of winter and saved a few peoples trucks and hydes.

17. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

I have worked with bob roggy when i judge the calrocs events..i have never had a issue with him and seems to be a nice guy...but i can see if he had had a few too many...i have heard other storys of things like that went he drank too much..[I love Jeeps] even when i drink to much i get stupid and say things that i shouldent...Joe you should know about that one /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif i am in no way defending Bob for what he did or did not do..just throwin in my .02

18. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

no moon to speak of.

19. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Ya sure it was him?I expected more from someone of his caliber.If it was him and based on what Iv heard here,2 things come to mind..

1."Do as I say,not as I do".I wonder what all the Rubicon regulars and the folks on the PBB would say about this incident?Im guessing that most of the individuals that get angry about drunken yahoos on the trail would probably that its ok because of who he is /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2.The other thing that comes to mind is,"Help us fight to keep the Rubicon open!Oh,but by the way ,your not welcome here."Iv seen the "your not welcome" part first hand on my one trip to the Rubicon.I was shocked to hear the negative comments and attitudes comming from felow wheelers /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif.(A few I recognized from off of the PBB)

Just my two pennies /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

What is up with The Con and all the attitudes?Ive always wanted to wheel it but Im not sure I could deal with all the attitudes.I thought it was public land.It seems to me like some of these "fellow wheelers"thank it belongs to them.
    Just wheel it have fun and let others around you do the same.Some of these guys need to leave their ego's at home.