Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back from Top Shop Challenge 2005 and finished pics of the k5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85m1009, Oct 3, 2005.

1. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Well team M.O.O. survived Top Shop Challenge 2005. We managed to pull off a third place finish overall and raised $450.00 for the St. Louis Children's Hospital. We got the shop blazer finished at 3:30 a.m. on Friday and we left at 9:00 a.m. All three trucks performed great except for a few minor carnage issues. Layne managed to destroy his rear cv driveshaft joint while attempting to do a 4000 rpm clutch drop to get started into the mud bog. Even in two wheel front drive he managed the fourth longest distance. In the technical trail challenge James was having a flawless run until he firmly planted the shop blazer on the passenger side at the last set of gates less than 75 feet from the finish. We got it uprighted and got the oil pumped out of the cylinders and continued on. In the timed trail run, James again attempted to overturn the blazer but took a tree instead ruining the nice body panels on the drivers side. He found out that the door bars came in handy. He also managed to rip holes in two of the four new boggers we installed for the challenge. Overall we had a great weekend and raised money for a great cause. Our third truck was a stand in for Mudzer who had to gratiously back out due to personal reasons. Kyle and Bryon ran the rock crawling event in Kyle's four runner. He had a flawless run until he brushed the exit gate. He did however finish 1st in the event. Here are a few pics of the blazer finished , Laynes Cheep and Kyles 4 runner.

blazer1.JPG

blazer 2.JPG

blazer 3.JPG

cheep.JPG

kyle and byron.JPG

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
  2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

kick ass man , nice to see people dooing things like this for a good cause.
    gald i bought stuff for my rig from you

3. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nice!!! I dig the K5. Congrats on the finish and props for cherity

4. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

nice rig, i like the doors/rocksliders. wow that turd really does look like a .........oh wait it is a heep. j/k :haha: looks pretty capable though

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

looks like a great time Steve. i love the way the K5 turned out.

6. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

Nice job Steve. The Blazer looks quite a bit different from the last time I saw it. Nice to see the Jeep out there as well. All for a great cause too! :bow: