Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back from Uwharrie (pics)

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by sapper, Jun 27, 2004.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just got back, besides the rain friday night it was a great trip, trails had changed a good bit from last year, here are some pics, we are probablly going to go back up on the weekend of July 16-18

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Is that a toyota on the end?????? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wow looks like you guys had a blast hope to be able to go on the next run.

3. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

If I can get my lift on and tires and rims by then I will try to be there. Not sure if Leslie will cuz her mom will be here then.

Sapper where is my club sticker. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Yeah, we did have a great time. Maybe John will be able to get a highlight video posted up. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif If he does, everyone will be able to see how slick the trails were in the morning. Anyways, I plan on going back quite a few times this year. Not sure when though. I wont be able to make the july 16th run because i will be at the beach. I hope we can at least get together a run after that so me and Elliott can wheel with everybody again.
    -Harrison

5. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

wow I wish I was there! I am going to try to make the July 16 run, I need to get some small things finished up, but it is looking good (I still need to fix my fenders). Should be a good weekend, go wheeling, come back to Raleigh sunday and go to Kenny Chesney that night!

6. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

Here are some more pics....

If you guys met a guy named Greg driving a heep, he is a buddy of mine and he is the one who took the pics below. He said he talked with some of you. I have a stock blazer in need of some serious upgrades so I don't know when I will be able to join you guys, but hopefully sometime soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Was a great weekend overall. Wish I would have taken my camera with me but forgot it at the camp. All of us left with little to no damage to our trucks even though there was a few times I thought I had snapped an axle shaft but hey the 1/2 ton axles held up. Next time I will be running 3/4 ton axles with some sort of locker and some 40's. Not going to be able to make the next trip unless the money fairy leaves something under my pillow and father time makes some for me to get the work done to my truck.

8. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I started editing the video last night but a storm came up and I had to shut it down. Hopefully I'll have it done by the end of the week. Sapper do you have any more pics? I'll use them in the scene formats and backgrounds. Does anyone have a pic of me I know I'm ugly but one would be nice. BTW when I unloaded Sunday morning I found a u-joint cap laid on the crossmember. I blew the rear u-joint on the cv and didn't know it (I thought it had gotten louder). I got lucky. Also cut a big slice out of the sidewall of my pass front. I don't know if I'll be ready again in July but if I can I'll be there. Can't wait to go again. It was great and the guys (and gals and youngens) from CK5 made it even better. I'll post the pics I've got tonight when I get home.

9. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Yeah, let us know when you get the video together. Dont forget to put paul skiing down the hill in there. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I got quite a few gashes in my tires as well. My wheels also got beat up good, and the tire weights, or at least the ones that are still on, are all chewed up. I cant wait to go again either. As long as it doesnt pour down rain again, cause my truck sure is nasty on the inside.
    -Harrison

10. clarkjw24

[ QUOTE ]

If you guys met a guy named Greg driving a heep, he is a buddy of mine and he is the one who took the pics below. He said he talked with some of you. I have a stock blazer in need of some serious upgrades so I don't know when I will be able to join you guys, but hopefully sometime soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Upgrades? We're all stock too. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    Did anyone get the name or know the guy that filmed all of us coming up Kodiak rock?

11. sapper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. clarkjw24

My hero! Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. 79Stomper

No I wish I did cause he got some good video of me when I was hung at the top of Kodak getting my front axle off of the rock. I will poke around some other firums and see if I can find out who he is though.

14. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No I wish I did cause he got some good video of me when I was hung at the top of Kodak getting my front axle off of the rock. I will poke around some other firums and see if I can find out who he is though.

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend Greg said he got some video. Did the guy you are talking about have red hair and drive a jeep? If so, it might have been him. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

15. 79Stomper

Not really sure. The one I talked too was shooting me when I got the front axle tube /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif sitting on top of a rock /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif and said he got a good shot of it coming off. He was the only one I seen with a camera filming all of us CK5ers that were there at the time.

16. clarkjw24

This guy was faily young and was with a couple of other guys.

17. clarkjw24

I've got the trip on VCD now so anybody that wants one let me know. Post address's and or pm me. Donations for shipping and cost will be welcome. Except for Elliot I've got you covered, I kinda jacked your roll of duct tape /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

18. sapper

let me know how much you need, as long as the "surfing" made it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. clarkjw24

Yeah the surfing made the cut. I don't know just a few to cover the shipping.

20. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Yeah, me and elliott will take one. Dont worry about the duct tape. How much for shipping? Does $10 sound good? I am leaving for the beach today, so if I dont respond for a few days it is because I am away from my computer. Anyways, when I get beck, ill send you some cash.
    -Harrison