Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back from wheelin...........

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Silver84k5, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Started on Firebreak as usual, nothin too bad, but it is gettin more torn up, then i started to do the mini rubicon towards the top of firebreak but since it was wet and gettin kinda late i pulled out a little under half way through, then we were goin up the last section of firebreak, and the hill right before the turn off for rock crusher, is gettin real Rutted, and the mud was some Gumbo sloppy sh!t, i made it up, had a little trouble but nothing the right foot couldnt solve, But Josh (the other guy i was with) wasnt able to get up, he needs some tires real bad, so we went back down and headed to Airplane hill........ On the way to airplane hill there was a rock that was scraping the bottom of our rear axles, so i had to pull josh over that part, When i was looking behind me at his truck while i was pulling it, All the sudden i hit something, i looked infront of me and i ran into a tree lol, a little dent in my hood...... but now my fender sticks out about 2 inches from my cab..... anyway......... that hill has changed so damn much since i was there. I was about 30 yards away from where i did that wheelie that we got on video, and i couldnt go any farther.......... part of the reason i didnt make it was.. It was getting dark and i didnt feel like trying something that hard in the dark so i opted to back down.... And that was about it for the day... We got up there at about 3:30 so we didnt have much time to wheel.... All in all i had fun.

Oh yea, on the way home i accidently had the Tcase in 4 high the whole time, till i got to my house.... Anyone think that would do any damage?

2. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I hate it when those damned trees jump out in my way. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif You keep beating the sh*t out of your front end, that way I can sell you mine. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    What kind of tires is your friend Josh running?

3. Silver84k5

hehe they used to be 35's but now they are like 33's. i think they are wild countrys, they are radials, and have hella hard rubber, he has 16'5s aswell, we were gonna air them down to 13, but they seemed like they were getting really low, and they were still off the charts on the pressure guage, (only goes up to 15psi)

4. Silver84k5

oh yea i saw something else that was kinda funny, when we were doing that really tight section of firebreak 5, there were 4 dudes watching us, when we get to the top, 4 guys hop into a samuri.... it was kinda funny to see 4 dudes in a little ass sami....

5. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Were they hoping you would get stuck or something?

6. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

When i was down at the dunes in north bend we had 5 in a sami. I was in the back seat (200lbs) and another guy (220lbs) and a chick and two other guys in the front seats. LOL. What a site to see. Then going up a hill the tranny stuck in second and we had to get pulled.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

4-5 guys in a samurai? they must be reeeeeal "friendly". LOL!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

8. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

sounds like fun. that sucks that you hit a tree. how was the second section of firebreak where we were having some trouble getting up the last time?

9. Silver84k5

i went on the right side that you and me did last time, it was fairly easy, then josh went on the left of the big rock in the middle after trying to go the right side like i did.......
    He just lined himself up right and made it through fairly easy as well... But while backing up to line himself he backed into a tree, looked pretty f'in funny.