Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

back glass

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ok91blazer, Sep 29, 2002.

1. ok91blazer

ok91blazer Registered Member

hey, ive had my top off since around april, adn so ive had my window rolled down, and i tried rollin it up the other day and it wouldnt so i took it apart to find out that my rear glass is shattered into 800 million pieces, i was wondering if this has happened to any one else, and should i jsut go to a glass repair shop, or cruise junk yards so i cna also get a regulator to go with it?

2. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

I've had to replace mine 3 times this year. About $160 for Glass Doctor to do it. If it breaks again I'm just leavin it

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I've heard of 'em breaking with the hardtop on, while twisting her up on a trail (even happened to me), but never while rolled down. Bummer for you.

If's it the privacy glass, be prepared to pay $$$ from a glass shop, as a couple of 'em around here (Detroit) wanted $400+, just for the glass. The clear piece was only $80. If it's privacy, cruise the junkyards...
    I fixed the reason mine broke, it was the rear pillars of the fiberglass top, they were loose, so I screwed some braces in and fiberglassed back over it...stiffen her right up, glass hasn't broken since...

BlazerMan