Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back Home

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by coloradoblazers, May 7, 2002.

1. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Finally got let back into my house late last night. Got evacuated for the Black Mountain Fire. Thus far, things are looking better though.(knock on wood)
    Just wanted to take a min to remind everybody bout the fire danger. Although you may just be camping the night, it's a permanate home for some of us. DON'T HAVE FIRES!!!! just be safe and use your head...or its gonna be a long HOT summer. (Sorry, had to vent/preach/caution, its somthing serious, even an exaust can start a fire on a dry trail....)

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Glad that everything is OK there. There was a small fire near Rampart Range Resevoir on Sunday. The smoke was wafting through my neighborhood, as the fire was just over the ridge from here. I spent the weekend clearing a perimeter around my house, so there aren't any trees too close. I'm right at the edge of Pike National Forest, so we're pretty concerned about wildfire this year. Everything is as dry as dust right now.

Sunday before last I was out hiking near the house with my daughter and came across the smoldering remains of a campfire. Can you believe that someone was stupid enough to have a campfire in the forest with all the fire danger warnings? Even my 5 year old daughter understood how stupid it was to have a fire up there! There are some real morons on the planet. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif We had some water with us, so I got it totally put out before we moved on.

3. ArrowheadK5

ArrowheadK5 1/2 ton status

Up here in northern MN, the boundary waters canoe area (some kind of protected park with lots of lakes, etc.) was hit by a massive storm a few years back. Straight-line winds blew down hundrest of thousands (numbers scetchy) of acres of trees. Last few years were worst fire danger there has been in a long time, it was all tinder-dry dead wood. They said it could have been the worst fire since Europeans moved in up here. Somehow nothing or noone started this one. Now they say it's starting to rot and the fuel is less apt to burn...
    Just thought I'd add to the thred... (BTW, maybe this should be in the other forum...)