Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back in California

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Well I finaly made it back to California. I left Colorado Springs CO. yesterday (13th) at 6:00 am and made it to Humboldt county at 10:00 am this morning (14th) I took the long way down though New Mexico and Arizona and up though S. California. I made it as far as Lake county last night at about 2:00 am and had to stop for the night that was after driving over 1500 miles yesterday so I was kinda smoked last night. The intire trip was 1740 miles. I actually drove non stop from Kingman AZ. to Sacramento didnt even stop for fuel or to use the restroom (I was actually in my V6 1/2 ton the Blazer would have had to stop for fuel like 4 times) I guess after the 10 Red Bulls I drank yesterday I was kinda ready for the trip. Man I was taching after like the first five and then I just got the major shakes after that. I really dont recomend 10 in a day.

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wow!
    Where is your final destination/residence?

You missed some good wheelin out of Lake County....

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

My final destination is here in Humboldt about 50 miles south of Eureka. Hey do you know of an off road area near the town of Clear Lake I havent been there since like 86 or 87 when I was still in high school but I do remember it was near the water district yard. It was a pretty cool place to wheel back then and play in the mud. Also Cobb Mountain is cool and Cow Mountain in Ukiah ain't to bad either.

4. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I know where Humboldt is - have friends close to Blue Lake.
    Also grew up in Redding just over the hill /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I like the North Coast!

We start in Upper Lake and head into Mendocino Nat'l Forest - Good camping (lakes, creeks, etc...) and lotsa trails.

We also ride bikes all over the Nor-Cal. You?

Do you like 'excursion' weekends?

5. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

i'll be in clear lake the end of june. relative's wedding is the 29th.
    wanna wheel?

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yeah I usually do my deer hunting up in the Menocino National forest usually around Mt. San Hedrin or up around Spanish Flat's and I know most of the areas in the Trinity Alps. I dont really do bikes usually dont have the extra money or bones to sacrafice to one. Yeah I like the weekend get aways probably my favorit is to go to Usaw Beach Its on the northern Mendocino coast and is about two miles long and is open to bikes and 4x4's We usually go there a couple times every summer and just eat drink and run the snot out of the trucks in the sand.

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Hey if I have an open weekend and evrything is up and running on the Blazer I'll try and head that way.