Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back in the day with Prembird, Greg72, etc

Discussion in 'Audio' started by '73 K5, Sep 18, 2002.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

What's up guys. I just wanted to say hi and that I'm back. How many old schoolers are still around??? I recognize a few names at least.

2. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Hey hey hey Ryan .. welcome back. Prembird is my little brother, I don't know that he reads this forum very much anymore ... he turned /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif ricer /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif on us .. driving a Focus now ... but I'll pass on the hello for ya. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Cool man. I remember you. You're friends with Brett Cox up in Kansas City right?

4. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Yup ..

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Wassup Ryan?

Things are a bit quieter on "Audio", but there still plenty of liveliness around CK5 in general.....

I'm sorry to say that my Alpine is probably going to need a replacement soon.....it's becoming finicky about ejecting CDs more than about 1/8" from the slot, so I have to pull the faceplate each time and gently grab the CD with needlenose pliers. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Of course, I'm also out of work AGAIN....so I'm back to the old "no money for toys" theme.

Oh, I did put my tweeters IN the floor now.....replaced the MDF pods once I bought a MIG welder, so now I've got some extra "Wow Factor" when people see the stereo.

Keep in touch.
    /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Shoot me an email if you need a new headunit greg. I just finished opening up with Clarion direct and can get you stuff at a great deal. Had to place a 12,000 opening order so looking to move some product quickly.

7. Greg72

BW,

I'd like to get at least a 4V pre-out CD head unit....the system is tri-amped, so I don't need anything with an internal amp. I'd be thrilled to find one with a REAL volume knob and not pushbuttons.....skip protection would be a HUGE plus too.

I just bought an 88K5, and it has the old 2-poster style deck in it. I'd need an adapter plate to convert to DIN, and then a decent quality CD deck WITH internal amp to drive whatever crazy speaker setup came stock in 88 (I think it's 3.5" in dash and 4x10s in back?)

Anyway, if you'd rather PM me, that's cool or just reply here with ideas!

8. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Check out the Clarion line of headunits they have the best output voltage around BY FAR. I also sell panasonic but they rate their outputs higher then real life testing. Clarion is right on the money. Let me know via email what headunit you are interested in and I can shoot you a price.

9. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

FYI, if your free Sat night, Rayn will be in town this weeknd. if you and the Wife want to meet up with all of us we can set some thing up?!

10. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

What up Klunky!!

11. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Greg i got a system in my 89 K5, If you want any pics let me know ill get you some. Right now im running 2 12" Audiobahn Alum12x, I have one hooked up in a small ol box and it hits and it sounds really clear. Got some kenwoods 6's in the doors that came with the truck, 3.5" Memphis' in the Dash. I have a Us acoustics 85x4 watt amp runnin the mids, an Audiobahn 1200x1 @ 1 ohm runnin the sub, and 2 1 Farad caps. And to top it all off a Pioneer DEH 7400MP runnin it all. Great head unit, just wish i would have got the premier one with the three preouts instead of 2.

12. Greg72

Jason,

Sounds like you went "off the deep end" with the stereo gear like I did in my '72K5!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

My new '88 is going to be a simple driver, so no big stereo plans (just a deck & 4 speakers). It will be nice for a change to be able to install a complete stereo in less than 200 hours, and actually hear the music over the engine and road noise at "moderate" levels!

13. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Hey Greg, what happened to the photos of your system? Iv'e been looking for them for a while now. I plan on upgrading, and plan to build some boxes similar to what you have. If you still have them, you think you could email, or pm them? Thanks! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. Greg72

Jamie,

Hey what's up....it's been a while since I've talked to you....!

I've got hundreds of photos of that system. The problem is that the new gallery only lets me post 2MB-worth of stuff...in the old gallery, I must have had about 10X more pics than that!!!

One of these days we should just get together....I am still dying to see your Blazer in-person, and I can show you "the stereo", so you can see how I did everything....including the subwoofer boxes.

15. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Sounds good to me. I'll have to give you a holler when I get a free minute. /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif Between work, remodeling the house, and my kids soccer, I haven't even had time to change the oil in my baby. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif But I plan on changing that early next year. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif By the way, your ride is lookin' good /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

16. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Greg. Too bad about that Alpine. At least its had a long life though.
    Sounds cool about the rest of your truck. Do you have pictures of all the updated stereo stuff?
    One more thing. I have an older Clarion deck, tuner only, front rear and sub RCA outs, AND the EQ/DSP unit to go along with it. The deck isn't originally 4v, but when you use the aux processor you can select either 2 or 4v. Let me know if you're interested. I still have that 7909 too! LOL

17. Greg72

Ryan,

How come you only offer me the 7909 when I'm out of work!?!?

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have mucho pictures of all the stereo stuff, but I'm already out of space in the gallery....Maybe I can delete a few pics and post a couple of the most "interesting" ones...

18. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Hey hey hey Ryan .. welcome back. Prembird is my little brother, I don't know that he reads this forum very much anymore ... he turned ricer on us .. driving a Focus now ... but I'll pass on the hello for ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey talk about a low blow when I am not even around for a bit... As for turning "Ricer"... NAAAA... I cant stand the look of those P.O.S. cars... Yes i will be putting on a body kit and changing rims... But it WILL NOT look like rice...

I couldnt afford to go out and buy a blazer so i went with something that would help me rebuild my credit and what not... Oh well... Guess if my bro thinks its rice.. so be it...

Well just decided to stop by and say hey to all those that might remember me...

Oh yea.. BTW... Scoot.. Hows the little Blazer going.. it still looks like a lowrider to me... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

19. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Well, I guess I can park a tire on your hood and decide then which vehicle is the lowrider. Just giving you greif on the rice stuff. I know it wont turn out that way.

20. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

Yea yea yea.. I know.. the front of my car looks like a ramp for ya.... Talk to ya later Bro... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif