Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back in the garage again... well sort of!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Jul 2, 2005.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I'm making alot of target stands for the conservation club pistol/rifle range and with the future projects for the blazer and my little black and decker table finally loosing a leg (literally) I figured it was time for a new table!

A welding table that is....

found a piece of 1/2" thick steel 33x33" already cut in the junk pile, got it for $.30/lb used steel and some 2x2x1/8" tube and 2" 1/8" angle for the supports (all in all less than $80 as seen in the pics). I'll add a drawer in the top area for tools and grinders and then expanded steel and bracing to the bottom for scraps. I still need to make a holster for the mig nozzle and wheels (actually I'm thinking about using 4 snowplow feet, the domed kind... and welding them to the bottom so its easier to drag around)....

And you know if I didn't add pics you'd all be disappointed! :haha: :p:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and then one of the target stands I'm making
    [​IMG]

2. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

well thats cool . can i come shoot it ?
    :D

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice work. :waytogo:

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

How tall is that? I could probably walk under that thing without ducking :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :waytogo:

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

the legs are 32.5" plus the 1/2" top and I'm figuring about 1.5" for the snowplow feet so 34.5". My black and decker table was 32" and the kitchen counters are 36" so somewhere in between I figured would be good. Working on the bar your usually working straight out and on the black and decker table it seemed like you where always hunched over.

sure the Indiana State IPSC shooting match is this weekend and I think we might use some of my stands since its hosted at the club I'm making the stands for. And maybe... in about 2 weeks you can watch ebay for the "JJL Triple Threat Target Stand " :whistle:
    depends on how many orders I get this weekend, I've made 4 for my club, 4 for a buddy and I'm expecting some orders this weekend since the local conservation club is hosting the Area/State IPSC match for this year! :woot:
    :hack:
    :weld:

(I'm not selling them here, not looking to make loads of cash, I'm just going to make some locally to help along my rifle fund for this fall :deal: shipping is kind of pain depending on which base setup also)
    [​IMG]

and this just came home last week
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Remington 870 Magnum, wingmaster/magnum receiver, factory 18" cyl. parkerized barrel bead sight, leather polished wood stocks. I'm going to pull it apart this fall and bead blast it then recoat the whole thing dark matte grey, add the 2 shot extention, side saddle, big safety button, sling, fiber optic sights maybe. That and the rifle then I'll be ready for three gun matches! :D

6. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Sweet target! I likey!

7. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

nice table and target stand. I've always wanted to try a 3 gun match but I sold my pistol. looks like fun.