Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back on the road!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4x4dreamer, Sep 11, 2002.

1. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Finally got my truck finished. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I did the brakes and replaced all the bearings, put new lugs in and am finally able to drive my Jimmy!! It's been sitting so long and I missed it. Runs like a dream. I impressed the hell out of a mechanic in my complex. My truck sat for a month or longer without starting or anything, I got it, cycled the plugs and it fired up like I drive it every day. The things almost 20 years old and it still runs like new.

The big plus is it's raining like crazy today so I got to go blasting through the big puddles. ( I dont' know why I like doing that so much). I'm so glad to have my truck back!!

2. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I used to have an s10 blazer and that thing was really fun for "puddle jumping." My buddy and I went out following each other one day (both of us in s10 blazers), and a bunch of farm fields were flooded over the road... it was great... good times. That thing was a great 1st vehicle... I kinda miss it.

3. 4x4dreamer

my last truck was a 97 Dakota with the 318 (thank GOD Dodge is bringing that engine back, best one they got). We had some serious flooding here about a year ago, I had water up to my hubs. All the little imports were doing like 3 MPH and I just blew by them at like 20 and washed their car for them. I had 33's on that though, so it helped. My Jimmy could probably do better than that, and it's only running 31's.

4. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I've got a 1990 GMC 1/2 ton with 33"s on it as my daily driver, and every time we get a good solid rain that dumps on us all day there is this one railroad bridge that road goes under that will always flood. One day last summer I was out with a buddy cruising around and this thing was flooded worse than I've ever seen it, I had to go through. Cars were lined up on the inside 2 lanes (its a 4 lane road) and going about 1/8 MPH through it... I thought to myself there is no way in hell I'm waiting in line to go under a bridge. I whipped it into the other lane and took off. I entered the water probably at like 25-30 MPH and it was easily half way up my tire, not a problem for my truck the damn thing didn't even pull to the right or left. It was a problem for the dodge omni next to me that got the hugest wave/fountain of water dumped right onto it's hood/windshield I've ever seen. It was great fun. And my undercarraige was sooooooo clean after that too /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. 4x4dreamer

The 2nd day I had my Jimmy I hit a puddle and washed my own windshield...that was cool. I always drive with a huge smile on my face when rompin' the puddles. I've actually gotten my son to like it, I think it scared him when he was younger. Now when we're in my wife's car he says, "dad, if we were in your truck, we could totally go through that huge puddle and make a HUGE splash!!!" I used to think I wanted a sports car, I'm come to the realization I'm a truck guy.

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Diesels are great for puddle jumping. No cap and wires to soak out.

I know how you feel missing your rig. I didnt drive mine for a while and when I got back in and took off the 1st time it felt GREAT!

7. 4x4dreamer

Diesels are great for waking up the neighbors in my Apartment complex, and I love pulling up to the drivethrough and having people say, "can you turn off your engine please, I can't hear you." I don't know why it makes me smile so much. When I was in college I worked at Dairy Queen, my dad had (and still has) a 95 Ram 2500 4x4 Turbo Diesel. He used to come through the drive tru from time to time and it's loud as heck over that speaker.
    All the rain here in FL sure makes for a lot of puddles for me to romp through, I was doing it just this morning. I sent a wave out probably 6 feet or so today...it was fun!

8. Pure Insanity

HEHE! Come to Dade City during a good rain and try to go down Howard Ave. Or Lake Howard as we call it. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif It gets DEEP. My grandfather had an old Chev. diesel back in the late 80s that had dual exhaust and glass packs. Man what a ruckus! LOL! Hey BTW you gonna make it to Ocala in Nov.?

9. 4x4dreamer

Not unless I get some serious work done on my truck. I'm thinking about joining up with the Suncoast Flatlanders and seeing what happens. My truck is bone stock right now and I don't have any idea what it's capable of. I know I'd have to at least by towhooks before I try anything serious.

10. Pure Insanity

I dont know about Suncoast. Bigblueblazer was a memeber and didnt like it. He felt like the odd man out because he had a full size and they werent real organized. Try sending him a PM.

11. 4x4dreamer

I saw pics of a fullsize blazer on their site, that may have been him. They have a couple broncos I know, but other than that it's all Jeeps. Well, I guess one of the guys has a Unimog. We really need to get a FL K-5 group together, problem is, we're all too far apart. And as you know, 75 is about the dullest stretch of road on earth. I called the flatlanders and spoke with the guy who runs it, and he was Jeep this and Jeep that, but he kept saying that he used the term "jeep" to encompass all 4x4's. I have a friend with a Scout II, it's also bone stock, but he likes taking it out and seeing what it can do. Another guy I work with has a CJ7, but he's afraid to offroad it cuz it'll rust apart LOL.

12. Pure Insanity

Do a search of all forums of all posts for Fl, Fla, Florida. There are more here than you think. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Some of us have been talking about trying to get a Fla CK5 club, (in private) but its on hold for now. Rebel Run has taken over, and I have my hands full w/ that as well as trying to get my rig redone in time to make it. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Ill be done in time but its gonna wear me out! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

13. 4x4dreamer

Yes, we must do it. I dont know what the rebel run is...that must be the one in Ocala. Let me know for sure if you want to get this thing going. I"m all over it.

14. Pure Insanity

There seem to be clusters of us in the North West, North East, Orlando, and Tampa area. I hope to get with it after RR. And yeah, thats the thing in Ocala.

We have a guy going up next weekend w/ www.Offroadflorida.com to do a recon mission BTW. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Stock or not you should be able to go. You wont be the only stocker there. Overkill will be stock for this run. By the next he should be on 2 1/2 ton militaries and 44s. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

15. 4x4dreamer

can you send me some info on the run? I know my son is dying to try wheelin'. I've been teasing him with pics of trucks plowing through mudbogs and stuff. I can see about possibly going.
    I think if you get this FL K-5 thing going, you could almost break it down by regions (tampa, orlando, etc). It's be easier to organize things in smaller locales, then maybe do larger runs a couple times a year or something to that effect.

16. Pure Insanity

Rebel Run

The biggest thing about regions is that pretty much most of Fla is w/in 2 hrs of the center. Its a good idea and will prob be done that way but like I said, Fla is not really a big state when you really think about driving time involved. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I need to put more thought into it. I just started thinking about it when RR started and the whole club idea got blown away for a while.

17. 4x4dreamer

Let me know if I can help in any way. I'd be glad to get something started around here that didn't cater to the Jeep only crowd.

18. Pure Insanity

The only thing I can say for now is to make a post and see how much interest there is in it. I can tell you from experience that for some reason Fla users dont speak up much. Or PM them also to really get their attention.

19. Pure Insanity

UUUM heres a list of everyone I know of.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    1986Blazer
    39.5Blazer
    3car
    4x4dreamer
    72Travis
    87BIGBOY
    89purplejimmy
    BAD LUCK 79'
    bangin_my_k5
    BigBadK30
    bigblueblazer
    BigFuss
    BlazinBill
    bogginnut
    CHEVY 4WD
    Dave1
    Dip Stick
    EricT
    FL84K5
    flblazer
    flcpl4fn
    florida4x4
    flyinz11
    GruntHunter
    Hangover
    heaj1
    JC50
    jessegallegos
    joker89blazer
    k5chevy
    K5experience
    K5KrisB
    little79k5
    lizard
    mike race
    MITCH_89'
    MTPockets
    MUD JUNKIE
    Overkill
    PerdidoK5
    PU70
    pureinsanity
    puresanity
    Rasberry
    RedDwarf
    RLBstein
    Rob 85K5
    steve85fla
    Suburbanite
    Sub_Versive
    sxrxnrr
    tightwork 82 K5
    TIGHTWORK82 K5

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Thats all I have. The list grows often too. I added 3 to it a few nites ago. Ill warn you some are inactive and most are not here often. But have fun. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Ill jump in when I have time and for sure after RR.

20. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

I'm ready for RR and if things run smooth I hope to see it year after year!!!