Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back on the soapbox again... Insurance rates!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, Mar 31, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]
    My insurance rates just almosted doubled!

My old policy was liability only, on two blazers, I'm 26, no claims, no tickets, no late payments and I've been with the 'local' company for 8 years, my parents have been with them for closer to 20years! Last year I paid three $129 payments, this year I have 4 $155 payments /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif WTF /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I CALLED IN!@ ( /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif)
    Talked to the agent and expalined that my vehicles where a DD and the other one setup as recreation and that its not left the driveway in a year! So I wanted to know about what happened to my lower rates and she says there was a rate increase /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH $230 a year rate increase (from 387 to 620!!! [​IMG]

DAMN I FEEL LIKE I"M GETTING SCREWED EVERY WHICH WAY THESE DAYS

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

it's all the people that keep wreckin or gettin their vehichle stolen, or making false claims,etc,etc,etc.... that keeps driving up the Ins for all of us. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Bill

3. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Call a few other insurance companies, get some price comparisons and switch to the lowest one, or use it to try and get your company to lower your rate again.

If you aren't driving one of the Blazers, switch coverage to something like theft and fire, much cheaper since you aren't driving it. Also my company will allow me to not carry any insurance on vehicles I rarely drive, when I want to drive it, I can call my agent and get a binder for a day or two, however long I want to drive it.

Also, I don't carry any insurance on the trail jeep. It gets trailered to the trails, and let's face it, no insurance company is going to cover you if something happens while wheeling.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Since you have a good record and are over 25 years of age, the only way to get your insurance to drop is to get married. Period.

When I was young, my liability ran about $70 per month for just one vehicle. Now I'm 33 and married, liability for any GM truck between '80 to '87 runs me $10 per month. I found this out when I turned 25 and got married. Everything started dropping half of what I normally paid for.

I have full coverage on our 2 family cars, both with the lowest $50 deductible and on one car, the '95 Grand Am, its $55 per month and the other car, the '00 GTP, is $70 per month due to it having a supercharger.

Not bad for $125 per month, for 3 vehicles, eh? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

You are still paying less than I am for liability only on my Jimmy, Im 36 yrs old, good driving record with 3 autos on the policy and my home insured through the company as well. My auto insurance jumped 4X when I moved from WY to AZ. AZ is one of the highest in the nation due to illegals stealing cars and being uninsured and having accidents. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. jjlaughner

I asked the agent what full coverage on my truck would be since my rates are going up! I told her it had $6000 worth of body and paint work...
    She's says well thats not going to make you rates go any lower to have full coverage /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif NO-[darn] But if I get a door ding or a dent I want coverage instead of just fixing it myself and letting it go. If my rates are going I want more COVERAGE! WHATS IN IT FOR ME WHEN THE RATES GO AND I"M ONE OF THE GOOD DRIVERS /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif She was baffled /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Nowadays, getting married doesn't significantly drop rates. I got married a year and a half ago, and my rates did not drop very much.

8. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    If you aren't driving one of the Blazers, switch coverage to something like theft and fire, much cheaper since you aren't driving it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 5miles or less liability on my ex-plow truck/project truck (recreational vehicle ins)

[ QUOTE ]
    Since you have a good record and are over 25 years of age, the only way to get your insurance to drop is to get married. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now thats not worth getting married now is it /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    She said if I owned my own home and had homeowners ins with them it would drop 10%... Well I dont own my own home and if I did MY HOUSE INS JUST DOUBLE TOO IF IT WAS WITH YOU ALSO /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

9. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Want to pay mine? $2100 a year! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

10. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Did you know that is how they make the biggest profits. Suck you in with a low rate then raise them on renewal because you didnt shop around (screw the repeat customer). Call around to other companies and I bet you will find lower rates again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

one of my friends bought a 95 camaro, for PL PD his insurance is 1700 for 6 months. his driving record is not the good plus he drives a camaro. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

All I can can say, I WISH MINE WERE THAT LOW!!
    Right now i'm paying 1,800 a year for 3 cars, just Liability, on an 76 blazer, 87 blazer, and a 91 s10.
    N.Y. is one of the 3 highest states for car insurance!! Thank N.Y.City!!

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I don't know why you're insuring a vehicle that doesn't leave the driveway. That's just wasted money.

I don't insure my truck when it's down for mods, like right now. No reason to, and I save the $50 a month it costs to have it going.

I pay $195 a MONTH for insurance for my DD though. Is that not insane or what? $3000 a year for insurance for a $6000 vehicle.

14. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

dood, consider yourself lucky...at least compared to me. When I turned 25 last year, my rates dropped from $380/month to $200/month. I was so excited then, but i'm still a little hacked to be paying so damn much. Yes, that is full coverage on both vehicles, but F/C wasn't but about $30 more than liability for both. Worth it for the peace of mind in my book.

You see, Illinois looks at the last 5 years of accidents and tickets, while Texas looks at 3. I was clear in Texas, but in my younger days, I racked up 27 tickets...and that's all within 5 years. Another couple years and I'll be free again though! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You're lucky to even have a driver's license at all with 27 tickets.

My insurance company only goes back 3 years, but I have a good driving record anyway.

Who is your insurance company?

I'm getting USAA soon. I have State Farm now and as soon as I collect my $3k from them for the prick that keyed my three year old Ranger I'm going to get rid of State Farm and save 25% with USAA.

16. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

17. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    USAA

[/ QUOTE ]

Need more info. Website? I'm with American Family. I did check with Progressive and they were gonna be something like $200 more per month on top of what I've got right now with AF. WTF? I thought Progressive was "supposed" to be cheaper, as they always save $189 to those people on the commercials. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Yeah, right! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

18. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

19. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

$189.00 is just average savings, they only claim to compare companies. and you choose. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

20. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i keep comp on mine during winter,$5.00 for six months. in case of vandelism or theft(or me getting pissed). /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif