Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back panels

Discussion in 'Audio' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Mar 23, 2000.

I'm trying to figure out some type of interior rear side panels and was wondering if any one has any plans or pictures of something that they did. I'm thinking about incorporating some type of storage compartments in the back corners for tools...etc, but I'm not shure how I should do it. Let me know any of you Ideas.
    thanks,
    <font color=red>ABO</font color=red>

1. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

check this out.
    picture the rear wheel wells. actually, from the inside, they're wheel humps. continue the top flat surface all the way to the tailgate. continue the inside wall to the tailgate. so it looks like a carpet kit in the back of a pick-up. you can use one side of the truck for a sub-woofer box, and the other side, you can put a hinged lid with a lock, and you've got storage.
    put a wall at the tailgate, or leave it open.
    finish with factory color carpet, baddabing, baddboom.
    the space would be small, but if you modify or remove the stock panel, you could utilize the hollow fender space.

i don't know how to do drawings on here, but i could whip something up and e-mail you, if ya want. this is an idea i've had for awhile, never got around to it.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

This is my interior side panels in my 79. Made out of 5/8" particle board, carpeted same carpet as the rest of the interior (got carpets from cheyenne pickup parts), with the 10" MTX woofs, they pound pretty good and no room is taken up in the storage area.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

3. I like the idea of continuing the wheel wells to the back. I was thinking of just fabbing new panels and just using the space between the panels and the fenders but by building it out I would definatly have a lot more space. If you get a chance I like to look at any drawings.
    thanks.
    <font color=red>ABO</font color=red>