Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

back seat... keep it or ditch it??

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by muddysub, Dec 31, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

well the title says it all. my back seat is sitting on the concrete behind the house right now. i don't know if i'll use it again or not. i wanna get one of these [​IMG] and i can't do that with the seat in there. and i could sell the seat.

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1041373660muddysub">

what to do with my seat
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />keep it
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />ditch it
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />use it as a couch in my appartment in phoenix when i move in april to go to UTI
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>
    please help

2. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

Mine has been sitting in back of the house for 2 years now... I think I used it on one (1) wheeling trip where I actually had more than six people wanting a ride /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif . I like the spare tire mount MUCH better /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. it will be FAR more useful as a couch

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

toss the seat /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif they weigh to much and there a pain in the /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif to take out when you need the space..

i still like the idea of carrying people if the need arises, so maybe keeping it in the corner is the way to go..

however i have been thinking about making army style tube frame seats with canvas (maybe some cushion) and rope... they would run down the side and be able to fold up... of course they would have super seat belts and be built very safe... are they legal /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Those back seats command $500 or so at any wrecking yard I've ever been to - even in piss-poor shape. People who need them are desperate, and they pay.

If you really don't need it, sell it at least. Or keep it for future use so you won't be on the receiving end if/when you do need it.

5. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

hold the phone.. you're moving to phoenix? kickass!

in the K20, I have a tumble forward seat that was quite convenient until someone somehow broke it... it needs to be re welded before I can put it back in, but the tumble forward feature helps out a lot with the occasional need to switch between cargo, and people.

I think my spare tire is either going to land on my new bumper ( when I make/buy one) or on my roof. afterall, I gotta stick the subwoofers in side the truck somewhere... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Rich

6. muddysub

yep movin to phoenix in april for colledge, goin to UTI /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

What color is your interior?

If it is blue, bring it to Phoenix with you and I will take it off your hands!

You will be here just in time to get prepped for "cook" mode...AKA summer...hope your A/C works...

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

8. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I'll never get rid of mine. I keep my mid seat folded down at all time. My three kids ride in the back seat &amp; the dogs lay down in front of them. I'm gonna take the TV/VCR from my conv van &amp; mount over rthe folder mid seat. I's great forn taking the family into the mountains that way!!

9. muddysub

yes it's blue and yes i'm keeping it, sorry. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

10. Burbinator

Oh well...can't blame me for trying! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just needed the passenger side armrest anyway...

11. muddysub

the passenger side armrest is the only thing wrong with my seat. LOL the ash tray is gone. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I've actually got 2 rear bench seats... my 73 parts truck has a factory original sitting in it, besides my tumbledown rear in the other truck.

probably the entire interior of the 73 parts truck will end up in my 77, since it needs an interior overhaul badly. all I'll need to do, is find enough brown seatbelts to match the new interior...

-Rich

13. Burbinator

You are better off than me...the only thing left on my passenger side is the three hole plate for the arm itself...fortunately, the driver side is perfect.

Guess I'll keep scrounging...

14. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I have my middle seats folded down and the third seat in all the time...girls cannot resist the temptation...I can't count how many comments I've gotten saying, "Wow! You have room to do anything in there!"

15. muddysub

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

Sorry, this free account is in the process of being phased out and the viewing privileges for this account are now restricted.

Photos in this particular account can no longer be viewed as a visitor, they can only be viewed by logging into the members area.

To restore full viewing privileges for this account, the member must log into the members area and upgrade it to the Premium level. Once the account is upgraded, visitors (non-members) will be able to view photos in this account once again.

To upgrade this account please CLICK HERE

[/ QUOTE ] this is what i got but i waas thinking about some kind of disconnect system for the tire carrier.

16. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

keep your seat in the corner, then you can use it as a couch and a back seat when you need it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i think the most important post in here was made by 89GMCSuburban. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

I like the removable rack idea. I just leave mine in the garage as a shop seat untill I need it. As far as them being difficult to remove just get one out of the newer body (without arm rest) or remove the arm rests. That way it just pully straight out. You really don't need the rests anyway, and it allows you to put three fat people back there with room to breath. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif