Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

back seat use?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sapper, Apr 12, 2002.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

does anybody with there truck lifted actually use the back seat? after looking at Steves pics with the spare in the back i think i might do something like it. kinda defeats the purpose of a blazer only being able to carry people in the frount but me and my son are the only ones who ever get in it. (thegirls like the tahoe..go figure) anyway give me some thoughts thanks

2. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I had to add a 3rd rear facing seat so my whole family could go!! With 4 kids, you run outta room fast!

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

we had some, put after the lift, and the radical nature Black Bear is taking, I took it out. Rita & I will have the Cab & the Cage to protect us. I run w/o the hardtop 11 months a year, so i took it out, as not to be tempted. it was fun, but now it just isn't safe, IMHO

I had a seat that i bolted to the bed and the lap belts tied to the frame of the seat. doesn't cut it in my book.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Paul,

Well I guess if you have to ASK what the back seat is good for....... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Jeez you've got two kids, so it seems like you shoulda known that one already!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. sapper

you know a reply like that was in the back of my head when i put this up. but at least we know what you do in yours /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I took mine out about a month ago because it didn't get much use. It wasn't long before it got really annoying that it wasn' t there. Everyone just wants to sit in the back w/ no belt which I don't think is too smart, so I put it back in.

7. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I took it out, but a 2 seater Blazer seems like a waste...I mean thats one reason I went full-size. So after about 6 months the seat went back in. Good place to throw your stuff to, and I seem to have passangers more than I thought I would.

8. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you are thinking of taking the back seat out and the top off, you should have bought a truck instead, at least that way you could still seat 3 people. LOL

9. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have 3 kids so my back seat has many uses. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The back seat is a must for me. I never know when I'll find a bunch of girls that wanta go mudding. Happened alot when I had the 72 K/5. I'll let everyone know how the girls like the 76.

11. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

My dogs like to sit there. Had a special rig so they couldn't jump out of my 86 with the top off. To bad I sold it before the top came off./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

I like it to throw my junk back there, and I do get a passenger or two often enough that it is used.

72 is right though, a secluded spot and the right "person" (we do have female K5 owners on here, so I'll be PC/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif) and the back seat is kinda fun. Almost makes me want to carpet the back of the K5......../forums/images/icons/wink.gif

12. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I have 2 boys so I still have the back seat.I put a seat in from an '82 so it folds forward.The stock '73 did not.I also mounted it as far forward as I could.Still has enough room for the boys and a little extra in back.I am going to be putting a jeep fold and tumble in place of the chevy seat.This will give me room to tub it.

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

> does anybody with there truck lifted actually use the back
    > seat?

IMO the back seat is good for one thing... looking at the stars and/or nookie. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif If neither is of interest or within the realm of possibility... ditch the seat, it's serve you better as more cargo room.

J

14. sapper

thanks everyone...the reason i asked about lifted trucks is just the pain to put kids in a car seat. when it was stock the whole familly would get in but now the tahoe gets that action. i'll prolly keep it folder up to see how much i really use it. thanks

15. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'm currently taking mine out and putting a pair of racing buckets back there. Mounting the batteries between the 2, and attaching the whole mess to the cage. My reasoning is that I always have someone without a 4x4 wanting to ride along, and I like the company.

Plus I have front seats that recline all the way back and a full set of monkey bars for the creative minded. LOL

Bryan

16. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I have an 82 and when I want to I can tip it up for more room ........ I don't think that I'd want to take it out for good ... just when I do, I'll need to haul passengers or something.

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, i am kinda wary of the murphys law thing to riz.... I am pondering getting a couple of elcheapo Summit seats and making mounts for them that are quick connect/disconnect. It'd be light weight, easy to swap in/out and purdy cheap. Makes the back seat nookie more of a challenge, but hey, one must make sacrifices to be a 4x4 nut. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

J

18. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> That would work.

19. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

When it comes down to what vehicle to drive, I can either struggle with putting the 2 car seats in the back of the blazer or ride in my wife's Neon. Naturally I feel it is worth the hassle not to have to ride in that car.

20. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

My seat goes in and out of the truck about once a month depending on what I am doing. I like to bring it camping, then take it out and set it next to the fire.