Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

back seat ...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Topdown, May 11, 2004.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I am looking for a back seat for my Blazer... in order to get my son safely in my Blazer I need a stock, unmodified back seat (and seat belts)

Will a bolt-in back seat from a 2nd gen bolt straight into a 1st gen.

thanks!

(yes, I posted this in the 1st gen forum too...)

-Ryan

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Ill give you one for free... needs the vinyl recovered...and one arm rest repaired...
    KennyW is coming down my way later this month.. I think he can get it to you but you would have to arrange this with him... mine is from a 2 gen.. 1981
    contact me if you want it
    cam

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I *stink* the 73-77 seats will drop into a first-gen. I know that for '78 the rear pan changed, as did the seat mounting, so a '78+ seat prolly won't do you much good (sorry Cam!)

-- A

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

The '73-77 seats are bolt in rigid models, simliar to the 1st gen, but not sure if it's a direct bolt-in, it might be, the seat belts all bolt directly to the floor. The '78 and up seats are bolted in the front, and latched in the back, they fold up when you release the latch, the inner seat belts attach to the robust rear seat frame(near the latch) and the outer ones bolt to bolts in the floor near the wheelwells.