Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back seat

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Doug, Sep 1, 2001.

1. Doug

Doug Registered Member

Is there enough room in the back seat of a Blazer/Jimmy for three people? I recently found out that there will be another addition to our family, and therefore, will no longer be able to use the Jeep for four wheeling. That's why I'm asking, I'm looking at other options. Thanks...

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Yes and no. Just depends on how big the people are. You could always add a third seat. The thrid seat would take away cooler space though.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

3 will fit in the back of a bronco I know....have you seen american pie 2??? LOL At first I thought it was a k5....

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>Come Awn yall...Let's go to LUCHENBACH, TEXAS!!!
    </font color=red>

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd say maximum would be 2 adults and one child in the back seat...3 kids no problem at all.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

5. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i have 2 car seats in the back of mine and theres still room left. (i assume the new addition is a baby)

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradoK5.com/gallery/Pauls89K5>http://coloradoK5.com/gallery/Pauls89K5</a>

6. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I have the same!!! 2 car seats and one kid in the back. Now I have 4 kids!! I installed a rear facing aerostar bench seat in the back. The 2 oldest kids love it.

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated

7. Doug

Doug Registered Member

Yes, the addition is a baby. I will be looking at 2 car seats, and a booster type seat until the oldest gets big enough to not need it. My wife's Suburban fits everyone with ease, but it's hers and the daily driver. I'm looking for a viable alternative to my Jeep for fourwheeling. If the blazer didn't cut it, I was thinking of a older Sub, but I'd rather not contend with that wheel base.

8. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

I got 2 car seats in mine and there is enough room to put one of my buddy's back there with my kids

9. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Hey, I am sure there is room, but an alternative to a Jeep for four wheelin', YOU JUST FOUND IT ! and a better one at that, cargo space is just one reason. A K5.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

10. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Just curious for the people with the back facing seat-- Exactly how safe is that seat if you were in an accident? seems to me that if you were by something bigger ( burban maybe) the rear of your truck would end up in your kids laps? I've seen those volvo's on the highway with kids sitting backwards and always thought about stuff like that.. Might be that I'm the only one . just a though...

1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear, dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305

11. ArrowheadK5

ArrowheadK5 1/2 ton status

Definitely no prob seating 3 in the back--I grew up riding In the back of my mom's k5, now it's mine, and I can fit three of my teenage friends back there (guys and/or girls!)
    Ha!

Four wheel drive, four wheel expenses...