Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

back seats

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JunkYardCrawler, Oct 29, 2001.

1. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

i'm looking to get a back seat for my rig and i was woundering if one out of a newer k-5 will fit into my 73. i want one that will fold down.

Going nowhere everybody is a Moto Psycho
    Got my wheels in motion and i got a path to beat

2. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Im looking for one for my 73 also and as i understand it, only ones from 73-76 will go right in but they dont fold down. A newer one that folds will need to have some different mounts put in, much it shouldnt be too hard

My 73 K5 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/xk5blazerx/73k5.htm>http://www.geocities.com/xk5blazerx/73k5.htm</a> 350/TH350/NP203, Q-jet, Edelbrock intake, Vortec heads, 4" lift, and 36" TSL's

3. Para Monkey

Para Monkey Registered Member

I've got an 84 blazer, and I'd be willing to get rid of the backseat (it's in great condition).. any offers?

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i'll be doing the coversion over, to a new model. except that i have a 71 that i will be puttin in a fold down seat from an 84. i'll have to modify the floor for the ancher points. it'll be a few weeks before i am done, though.

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>My Pics</a>

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I just found that the 3rd seat from a burb will work.
    At least on my 78 it did.
    I used the one from my burb. I had to remove the front hooks. and under them It has the pivot point for the K5.
    I don't have the front hard ware but I am going to fab some.
    All I need to do is build a bracket with a tube on it , and use a pin with a hitch clip .
    That way I don't have to unbolt the front to remove the seat just pull the pins and go.
    I also had to swap the belts that bolt to the fenderwells.
    And with the arm rests I don't have to bolt my gear box to the bed. I just hook a strap to the arms and it holds it and my tire in place.
    I don't know if the earlier years have the rear mounts in the same place or are the same. But for mine this worked for me.
    I have been looking for a rear seat since I bought mine a year ago and either the salvage yards didn't have them or they were way to spendy.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>