Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back spacing on Hummer rims?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TONYP, Oct 7, 2003.

1. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

after seeing all the problems guys are having with the hummer rim centers, I'm going to use DRW hubs up front and on the rear I'm going to machine the 14ff hub and slide an alum hub over it. The alum hub sleeve will bolt to the 14ff with the stock lugs, then the rims will bolt to the alum hug sleeve...the alum hub sleeve will be a press on fit to the 14ff hub....so i need to order the alum today and just need the back spacing on the hummer rim...thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Stock BS is 7", rim width is 8.25. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

that works, I'll order 3.500" thick round stock and have a go at it... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a set of the newer 12 bolt style hummer rims and the backspacing is just over 7". Approx 7.25". I am running a DRW Dana 60 front axle and a Van 14 BFF with 2.5" spacers in the rear.

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

was just thinking I need 1"inch extra on the rear per side, and what is the lenght of the nose on the 14ff hub, from the rim pad to the outside...I have all the parts at home so I could just check tonight, but if someone knows then I can get the alum ordered today... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. K5BLT4FUN

A SRW 14 BFF hub is 1.75" and the axle flange is 0.1875"(3/16). A DRW 14BFF hub is different. Don't know the measurements on it.

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a set of the newer 12 bolt style hummer rims and the backspacing is just over 7". Approx 7.25". I am running a DRW Dana 60 front axle and a Van 14 BFF with 2.5" spacers in the rear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Layne, got any pics of the rims mounted to the hubs? I'm interested in seeing how far the hubs protrude past the wheel, if it does. I know the front DRW D60 won't stick out but how does the rear hub look?

8. K5BLT4FUN

I am on the road this week, but once I get home I will take some close up pics of the rims installed on the aluminium adapter, the adapters them selves and with the rims just on the axel.

9. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

so a DRW 14bolt hub you think has the rim flange out farther then the SRW 14bolt hub..

10. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    so a DRW 14bolt hub you think has the rim flange out farther then the SRW 14bolt hub..

[/ QUOTE ]

No, a DRW 14 bolt has the rim flange deeper on the hub than a SRW version. A trick for adding track width is using SRW hubs on a DRW axle.