Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

back spacing??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddysub, Sep 20, 2001.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

right now i have stock tires and wheels on my '89 3/4 suburban. i'm about to get 36x12.50-16 swamper TSLs on 16x8s. what kinda back spacing do i have now? what do i need? would it be better to get a different back spacing to help clear the tires? oh one last thing, how much fender cuttin will i have to do?

donate to the "Build Scott's Suburban Foundation"
    scott,
    1989 GMC suburban 3/4t 4" lift soon to be rollin on 36" swampers, tbi350, th350, np241

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Keep the same wheels. Backspacing aint gonna help you clear the tires. A SAWS-ALL will though!!![​IMG]
    Whats the lift size you have? That will tell you how much cutting you need to do.[​IMG]

"you know... the guy with the BAD A$$ spring perches!!![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

only a 4" but i expected to cut my fenders. but i wanna add 1" ORD Add A Leaves on all four corners soon.

donate to the "Build Scott's Suburban Foundation"
    scott,
    1989 GMC suburban 3/4t 4" lift soon to be rollin on 36" swampers, tbi350, th350, np241

4. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

4" and 36's is where Im heading soon as I can save the money for the tires. YOu'll probably have to cut a fair amount off. But thats just from what I can see looking at mine. So yours could reguire more or less. But the lack of backspacing can cause your wheels to stick out further thus causeing more a of a clearance problem in the front. Need to stick to as close to stock as possible if not try for more backspacing.
    But honestly I'd keep what you have.

"you know... the guy with the BAD A$$ spring perches!!![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>