Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back to active duty **UPDATE**

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jarheadk5, Jan 7, 2002.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Well, it's official; my Marine Corps Reserve squadron has been activated after a week of rumors. I've been recalled to active duty, along with the rest of the squadron's Reserve personnel. I go back to active duty on the 28th of this month, and could be on active duty for up to a year. Just when I was getting into a cool flight-test program at my civilian job, too... Oh well, duty calls. I'll be sure to stay in touch with the CK5 family whenever I can.

Ken

<font color=blue>America--Land of the Free, Home of the Brave<font color=black>

2. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Re: Back to active duty...

Hey man...I'm with ya..and will be here when ya get back, if ya need to go...try to stay in touch..

83K5 Silverado
    What was that bump?

3. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Hey...they wouldn't take a 42 year old moose with bad knees, elbows, and a severe patriot complex, would they? Six-foot-Four and 235 pounds of mean pissed off American? I seriously ENVY my best freiend who joined up just under the age limit! They actually used to pay soldiers in BEER you know. Just saw a History Channel deal last nite that explained that Civil War troop movements went from one Distillerry to the next! LOL!!!! Had diddley to do with battle strategy!

9/11/01..Never forget...Never forgive

4. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Good luck and keep in touch!

<font color=purple>Michelle~</font color=purple>

Let us so live that when it comes time to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

5. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

good luck.. ive been recalled for up to 2 years.. lucky for me.. i'm close to home..
    And thanks for serving your country and your corp..

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

6. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Same deal for me, rocko. Activation for up to 1 year, with extension to 2 years if deemed necessary. I'll be close to home for at least a week or two, but we'll definitely be heading off to somewhere else. Just don't know where or for how long yet...

Ken

January 28, 2002--The NEW Adventure Begins...

7. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Good luck and stay safe. Thanks to you(and everyone else) that does what they do/have done to protect us and our GREAT nation. Keep In Touch and know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

<font color=purple>If you want life to run smoothly...You must grease it with some ATTITUDE!!!!</font color=purple>

8. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Well, I just got the word on what I'll be doing for the next year.

Sometime in February, we'll be headed to North Carolina to join the "New River Flying Club" at MCAS New River. We'll be going through the workup cycle (lots of flying, lots of work) to deploy on a 6-month MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit) deployment to parts unknown (but you can probably guess the neighborhood). We're gonna be the first Marine Reserve helicopter squadron to go out on a MEU, so we'll be breaking some new ground. Ought to be interesting...
    I probably won't be taking the Blazer down South, since the gas bills to come visit my wife here in PA would be outrageous. Plus, the rust damage to the tailpan and bed floor, and my bad bodymounts, are gonna keep me from wheeling anytime soon whether I take it to NC or not.
    Anyhoo, I'll keep y'all posted.

Ken

January 28, 2002--The NEW Adventure Begins...

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

thank you for your part in keeping all of us safe now do everyone a favor and stay safe yourself good luck with everything keep us posted

wheeling pics

10. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

hey, be good ken, try to stay safe, and kick a little ass for us. Hope you get back here soon, we gotta get your truck patched up so we can wheel together. If you ever need anything let me know. [​IMG]

-matt
    <font color=purple> "Stuff's only good for 2 things, degreasing engines and killing brain cells"</font color=purple>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5>www.geocities.com/shaggyk5</a>

11. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Make us proud!!!!

behemoth K5
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool -
    than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

12. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Good luck and stay safe...I did 2 Meds 1 West Pac and 1 UNITAS. I wish I could go with ya dude.

Semper Fi.

I'm not late im on Central Standard Time