Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back Up Lights

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scavenger, Jul 27, 2000.

1. scavenger

scavenger 1/2 ton status

Checking to see if anyone has a cure for intermittant back up lights on an 85 full size Blazer with the automatic tranny. Once in a while they work but not very often. I have replaced the bulbs, checked the wiring, and played around moving the shift lever a little to each side of the "R" without any luck pinpointing the problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.......thanks

2. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

Not really a cure for your prob but on my Blazer I put 100 watt Fog Lights on the rear for back up lights. Mounted them just off the tow hitch so they wouldnt take a beating off road. Hooked them to a toggle switch in the truck. Work great at night. (just dont turn them on when someone brightlights you at night cause it could be a cop and its a big NO NO to do that)

<font color=blue>SLODAWG</font color=blue>
    http://www.slodawg.coloradok5.com

3. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem with my first 87 k5. I would have to move the shifter a little for them to come on.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

4. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

Here is my solution to that problem... see attachment.
    Only thing is that 3/4 of the year a go topless, but just got in a wreck a few weeks ago so maybe a new bumper with some flush mounted back ups is in the works.

BBone 85'K5
    Wilderness Roof Rack in the winter, Skyler in the summer...

5. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Did the same thing as slodawg on my 89, a lot brighter.