Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back window lock

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76 jimmy Az, Apr 27, 2000.

1. 76 jimmy Az

76 jimmy Az Registered Member

Hey i have a manual back door handle and the key lock is broken on it, i dont have any idea why it just stopped working. i really would like it get it working again but i cant find a new lock in LMC, only a power one. Anyone get this problem? is there a way i can fix it

2. BB454

BB454 1/2 ton status

The lock is of the most basic of locks found on all door and trunk applications for vehicles. I,m sure if you remove the lock you will see that repairing it is a simple procedure and if it is badly busted then replacing it is even easier. I have repaired mine with parts found at a junkyard in under 30 min. Have a go at it - there is no great tech. obsticles. Just be carefull with that rear glass, and have fun.

BB454
    IF IT DOES NOT HAVE 8 PISTONS - IT'S BROKEN !

3. 76JimmyinAZ

76JimmyinAZ Registered Member

Okay- this is weird. Check out my username- AND my manual back window lock doesn't work EITHER.

Strange coincidence??

Tony J.
    Mesa

ILUVMYTRUK

4. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

LMC 2000 Winter Edition pg 40 part # 36-0704 $49.95 I have put two complete units in my blazers,, both were bough without any window crank at all. It's pretty easy,, dig into it. I took both locks to the Chevy dealer and they matched my door key to the back window key.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

5. buttman

buttman Registered Member

Mine is broken also. It's kind of sketchy too, all you have to do is stick the key in a bit a turn and the window goes down. Has any body replaced the lock for a power back window? Did you get it from the Chevy dealership? And how much did it cost? Thankyou Buttman