Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

back window problem?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MetalCore_Blazer393, Apr 9, 2007.

1. MetalCore_Blazer393

MetalCore_Blazer393 Registered Member

i have a 87 k-5 blazer and i can roll the tailgate window fine till about half way and then the driver side stops and passenger side keeps goin. I stop it cause i figure to keep goin isnt good, but i took off the panel on the inside of the tail gate and didnt see anythign that i could get to to help fix it. any segestions?

2. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

If you are referring to the mechanical window in the back, these are a royal pain in the ass. I bought my 87 Jimmy with one, but the glass was out because the window track was all messed up. I messed with it myself with no luck, and took it to a shop which told me that I needed a whole new tailgate because mine was cracked in like 5 places. Cost me nearly $1400 to get a used tailgate shipped up from Georgia and for labor to get the mechanical window working. It works now, but it has its days that it's super slow, and sometimes doesn't want to work at all. All I have to say is, good luck, and sorry I couldn't help. If at all possible, I would recommend converting to the hand crank, if you don't already have it.

3. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

mine has been doing the same thing. I took it apart and noticed a pile of felt at the bottom of each track. I haven't replaced them yet, But I would think that would help alot. They are for sale from LMC truck.

4. MetalCore_Blazer393

MetalCore_Blazer393 Registered Member

ok ty, yea right now i am not goin o spend money on that but how do u get to the tracks i couldnt get to them? soes the tail gate come completly in half?

5. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The tracks are screwed in through the side of the gate. They're pretty obvious. Mine did the same thing, and it turned out to be the metal piece holding the bottom of the glass was rusted and bent (how did that happen, I'll never know) and hit the arm. Broke that piece off and it is now down (for a while).