Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Back Window

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84yellow, Jan 20, 2005.

1. 84yellow

84yellow Registered Member

Ok so heres the deal. my back window would only roll up on the left side.. i would have to manually push the right side up. Im not to sure what it scalled but the metal piece that the window slides in to roll it up rotted out.. then I took my top off awhile ago to get a quad in the back and my buddy didnt roll it down allt he way and the muffler on the quad shattered my window.. Where could I get a cheap window and the metal piece? LMC truck? thanks

2. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

The only place I could get the sash(??) piece from was the dealer $$$ (130.00 CDN)

For new glass I would try your local scrap yards , who knows one may have been replaced recently and still be in good shape

good luck , those pieces rot out pretty fast it seems

3. 84yellow

84yellow Registered Member

Thank you very much

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

does it have to be pretty?

A few K5's around here have plexiglass or lexan rear windows,and use an aluminum "C" channel in place of the original rotted window channel--all bought at home depot...I saw this at a sandpit where the owners were riding their quads and dirt bikes,probably broke their windows the same way--better than sucking exhaust fumes in,and freezing to death in the winter,but the lexan or plexiglass fogs up and scratches fairly easy,so rear visibility will suffer some..:crazy:

Another quicker fix is to get a whole tailgate at the boneyard--if you can find a decent one..:)

5. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

LMC sells both parts... but junkyard will be much cheaper (have to factor in oversized glass shipping)