Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Backdoor stop-loss

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by josh86k10, Feb 15, 2006.

1. josh86k10

josh86k10 1/2 ton status

Get this guys. I recently completed my 6 year contract in the Army Reserves. Due to school requirements (veterinary school in the fall) I decided not to re-up with the Reserves as a SGT, but instead to chill a while in the IRR until school starts and then contract with the Army Medical Department and become a member of the Veterinary Corps (and get my commission). I completed my paperwork and attended what should have been my last drill in January.

Well, today I get a phone call from my unit :confused:. Apparently somebody from battalion issued a directive that "all sodiers that have ETS'ed will be required to continue to attend drill until they have been cleared from the unit's Alpha Roster". There are soldiers that got out over a year ago still on that roster! So apparently, even though I've finished my contract, I'm still in :mad:. I have to wait for Private Whoever in Fort Whereever to actually do their part of the paperwork before I can stop coming. Hell, I'll be recontracted by then! I would just not go anyway and take U's, but I don't want to tarnish my record since I plan on getting back in. I would just say to hell with it all, but Vet school is expensive and Uncle Sam will pay for it and then some, not to mention some of the stuff the Vet Corps does looks like something I'd be into.

So much for hanging out for a while and keeping my beard for more than 3 weeks at a time :mad:.

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yeah, i have 236 days left and am waiting to hear something of the same....
    sorry to hear about it.
    Grant

3. josh86k10

josh86k10 1/2 ton status

Is anyone on here JAG by any chance and could let me know if this is even legit? I've been running around Knoxville talking to recruiters trying to find a unit around here to let me RST with them (after my contract ended I moved 200 miles away from my unit)... long story short: everyone says this is BS and beyond that haven't been much help. It does bring questions to mind. For instance, since my contract is over will I still get paid? Will I get AT orders? My commander signed the 4651-R releasing me from the Selected Reserve and into the IRR, I figured that was it :confused:.