Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

backfiring

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lifethroughdeath, Sep 14, 2003.

1. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

my 90 k5 350/700r4 just had a new 2.25" dual exhaust with an H pipe put on and ever since then it has these little backfires, but only when im in gear and at really low rpms, it doesn't do it in park or neutral. just when im idling in drive or reverse, once i start driving and get the rpm's up it stops, but when i slow back down or come to a stop when i'm in gear it starts right back up again. What is going on? Do you think it could be that my headers/gasket are not tight enough, because i put them on to burn off the crap paint and repaint them and i didnt torque them down, i just tightened them up. HELP!!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

whenever you install headers...its a good idea to drive around until it reaches operating temperature and then re-torque...

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

pics of your h-pipe setup? I'm contemplating the same