Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

backing up my theory with facts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryan22re, Jan 31, 2006.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

from wikipedia:

</H3>
    see? the oil companies only want to make you think that we are running out of oil.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Ive heard of this theory before. It is kind of funny when someone says "were going to run out of oil in 50 years!!". Its not very likely. We may have to drill deeper... but there is a LOT more down there that either a) we can't get down to yet because our drilling tech isn't good enough or b) its not economically viable to get it. Fact is we haven't even scratched the surface, even with our deepest mines/wells. The Earth is one big mother... and so far we've penetrated down... what... couple of miles? I think there is a huge gold mine in South Africa that is like 5 miles deep. The Earth has a radius of 4000 miles. Safe to say that if we could go down even 50 miles, the amount of useful carbon-based stuff we would find would be unbelievably large.

j

3. driney

driney 1/2 ton status Premium Member

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I believe that there is more to be found, but the "economically vibale" part worries me. After all, what will they have to (or be able to) chargeto get it out?