Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Backlash Bob may become a Soccer Mom

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by backlash, May 21, 2001.

1. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

There has been some talk about restoring trucks being too expensive. I have got to agree! Not that it's just so expensive, but I can't seem to make headway. I'm pretty handy when it comes to repairing things. That's with a lot of help from the bretherin here. But I live in a condo, my tools are in another state, and I'm working two jobs to pay someone to get the repairs done. That, I could live with, but taking a tranny back to the builder ten times, and so many trips to the dealer to get the brakes and front end finally right ... well, I just don't seem to get the pleasure out of it any more.

Yes, I will regret it! Yes, when I get set up again away from all this concrete I Will Own Another K-5, but for now I feel I may have to cut my losses.

A family member has a 95 Tonka Toyota Forerunner 95,000 on it, never been off road for $10,000. If it were a car I'd keep the K-5 but can't justify tying up that much money in two 4x's.

See for sale if you know anyone that may be interested.

I am in an OFFICIAL STATE of MORNING!

backlash

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

man thats too bad... [​IMG]

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Maybe you should find a different dealer and tranny rebuilder.

4. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

No! What I need to do is get out of the city, find a place with a garage and some land and go to work ...

Am looking...