Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Backorder Arrived

Discussion in 'Audio' started by pauly383, May 4, 2006.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well , my package arrived , Sirius connect for Sony Decks with changer controls . Spent last night installing it :D

It is so small I was able to remove my glovebox , mount it on the a/c box , and its well hidden now that I reinstalled the glovebox . It does clear by a lot when opening and closing the door .

It needs a 12v battery for memory , just like the headunit would . So I tapped into the wire for the door locks on the passenger side since it was right there . The unit is fused itself , and has a noise loop isolator , so thats a non issue . Tried the locks with volume up and unit on , NO NOISE !!! Cleaned up some other wires too . And RE-FOUND my ESC box under there :pimp:

[​IMG]

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

There ya go. Nice install. I have all my toys hidden aswell. Makes it nice when everything is hidden and out of the way.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Yeah I like things that way so I got room , as well as stealth . My sub amp is taking up residence under my pass seat .

I actually have Astro van captain chairs in my K5 , on what looks like newer K5 bases ( will get reupholstered ....SOMEDAYLOL ) .

Well I took the seat out , drilled the floor , mounted the amp first , and then reinstalled the seat .

Theres enough room to play with the settings , and take the cover off . But no way in hell its coming off the floor without removing the seat :pimp: