Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Backspacing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Catman, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Catman

Catman Registered Member

Thanks for the help on rim width. I'm about to order the new wheels and have a question on backspacing. Did the search but alot of apps need grinding. I run 35x12.50 BFG mt's with 4" of lift. What bs will work with NO grinding. Oh yeh, it's a 10 bolt diff. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

If it's a 1/2 ton 10 bolt (6 lug), you won't have to grind at all. You can run 15" aluminum or steel rims, and I recommend anything from 3-4" of backspacing...3 5/8" would be ideal.

3. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

According to your profile, you are still running front and rear 6-lug 10 bolts axles. Therefore, you will not need to grind anything. Most rims come in the 3-4" range, so take your pick. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you are quicker on the draw!! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. Catman

Catman Registered Member

Thanks folks. Summit Racing is about to get an order. This time it's steel. Screw the alloys!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I'm runnin 33s on stock suspension, went with 2.5in backspacing to push them out a little, my 32s before rubbed on the inside fenders, and now my 33s dont rub anywhere...