Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Backspacing?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85 Shortbox, Feb 15, 2002.

1. 85 Shortbox

85 Shortbox 1/2 ton status

I am converting to 8 lug and am wondering what backspacing to run on 15" wheels, and how much grinding is neccesary?

"We all gotta go sometime.... Race ya"

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

1. Depends on how much you want your tires to stick out
    2. Depends on how much backspacing you use, but you're going to have to grind no matter what most likely.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

3. 85 Shortbox

What is the most popular offset? I don't care about grinding, just wanted to know what to look forward to. What looks better, what is more practical? Keep in mind my tires are 35x14-15 if it matters.

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

3.5" and 4.25 are the most common. I am running 3.5 and they will not require much grinding to fit. You have to do allot of grinding to run anything more than 3.5".

3.5 is the standard for the heavy duty wheels and 4.25 is standard for allot of the more regular. I got my black 15x10's w/ 3.5" of BS from national tire and wheel (or is it wheel and tire?) for $68 each

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

5. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I ordered the same 15x10 8 lug wheels earlier this week from Natl. Tire.They changed their standard backspacing to 3.75 [​IMG] To get the 3.5 that I wanted it would have been $15 more per tire.So I get to play grinding boy here in a few weeks

What do I know,Im just a Ford guy [​IMG].<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

What is the backspacing on factory rally's (15x8). When I order my new rims I want to keep the backspacing near the factory specs. Thanks

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

My factory rallys have 4" back spacing. Right at dead center of the wheel.
    FYI
    I bought a set of US wheels with 1" less( more positive?) backspacing and my 33" fit a lot better now. I have no lift and they do not rub even when fully flexed.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze> Blazer pics</a>

<font color=blue>Nevada... Where the pavement ends and the west begins

8. 85 Shortbox

What about load limit? They guy at the tire place acted concerned about it, but I have never heard anyone mention the issue. He also offered me rims with 4" backspacing, am I to assume that if I go with these I will be grinding a lot? Also does backspacin effect the cost of the rim? Thanks everyone.

9. txguy

txguy 1/2 ton status

Forgive a newbie, but what is it that everyone is talking about grinding? Does a 16 inch rim mean no grinding or more?

10. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

16's will fit on a 3/4 set up..they come stock with 16's.

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

11. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I have a front D60 and I am running 15 x 10 rockcrawler steel wheels from 4WPW for $60 each + shipping. They are a special made 2.5" backspacing. They clear my calipers in the front with no grinding. I don't think there is much sacrifice in strength. I have raised hell and haven't had any problems yet. Hope this helps.

Will

'72 C10, originally 2WD, 6"Springs f+r, Dana 60 f+r, Lock-Right front, welded rear, 4.56s, 350, SM465, NP205, 39.5" TSLs, ORD crossover steering