Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Backwards Boggers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Feb 3, 2003.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

My buddy was telling me about if you mount a bogger backwards they last forever and have good road manners. I am wondering if thats true and if it still works good offroad. IF it does, why doens't everyone mount them backwards!? Thats what I'm wondering.

2. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

who told you this????? lemme guess. cringole. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

jacob

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I would very much doubt you would have any perceivable difference on the life or road manners of Boggers when mounted backwards. There might be some small differences in traction on loose surfaces when mounted backwards, but again I can't imagine there would any remarkable difference.

4. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Sorry man laws of physics don't change when a tire is mounted backwards.Friction on pavemnet is the same forward or backwards. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Thought rubber compound was reason for low highway miles and better offroad traction.Friend had to use spare on side that it was backwards.In mud on the gas {in 2WD}it would walk toward side turned correctly.They are directional tires. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Jacob, yeah cringole is the one who told me. haha

7. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

Ya I've heaed something like that too, a guy told me that if you run boggers backwards on pavement not that it increases life span but that it "sharpens" the lugs for better offroad traction /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif can it be true? Does pavement put an uneven wear on the tread block? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Ya know I have some ocean front property in Arizona I"ll let go real cheap, just let me know and you can paypal my european account. j/k

9. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif