Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bad A$$ Item on EBAY~!~

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Poohbair, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I like the engine/tranny combo. But thats about it! I get my fealings hurt everytime i see a nice "classic chevy" done like that. I wish i could find low rust cars to restore and ther are people that butcher them up!! It's cool that people can modify stuff, but I just wish they would hack up cars that nobody wants!! pinto's, gremlins, a pacer, that kind of stuff! A buddy of mine did that with a 78 monte. I never told him I think it sucked!! But he is still cool cause he has a couple of 4x4 caddy stretch limo's.

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

poor old shoebox /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

If your doesn't know if it's a truck or a car...
    you might be a redneck.

I hate cars with truck frames. Seems like the predecessors to all suv companies ideas. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

well K5s are the predecessors to modern SUVs so don't go on that topic. yeah they usually are crappy and it just looks like a car is flying if you sort of squint. That looks like a pretty good job, most are like 10" body lift where you see frame and a foot of space between the car and the frame.

6. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I just like the shock factor of that thing...especially w/ the diesel in it. Imagine the look on the guys face at the parts house when you wanted a flasher for your Nova and he asked you what motor it had (cause they always do even though it is irrelevant) and you said a diesel...Then give him the line "Oh, and I need some ujoints for the front driveline too..."

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

That should be illegal.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Thats the thing with parts houses, can't say, I need an axle shaft for an open knuckle dana 60, you would get a blank stare. Have to write down what each part of your vehicle came from and tell them 20 different vehicles when you make a parts run.

9. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Yeah, you cant go in like the old days and say "I need that thing that is about this big and is in this location..." They go, "what?". Jeez, a few months ago I went to all 3 parts houses in town looking for Ubolts... 1 place I had to explain to them what they were...and NONE of the 3 had any STOCK REPLACEMENT Ubolts...and only 1 place could order them and it would have taken 2 weeks to get them. I just drove the 40 miles to the spring shop and in 15 minutes he took some round stock and made me what I wanted...and for less $$ than the 2 weekers from the parts house.

Oh, and I would still drive the hell out of that Nova! I could build a early Nova racecar, and use that for a tow vehicle!

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] I don't know, I kinda like it. Dare to be different. I personally wouldn't have used a classic Nova for the body. I would have gone with a early 80's T-top Camaro becouse there are so meny of those out there.

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I dunno. I think it looks kinda kool. Early Novas always looked funky too me. I think that guy did it some justice. Theres a guy running around my town with a very clean custom 57 chev convertable 4x4. The thing looks like it belongs that way.
    It is a beautiful rig.
    I usta know a guy who 4x4d a Nomad and droped in a 454 /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Very fun car! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I kinda like cars turned into 4x4s If there done right.

12. AnthonyG

AnthonyG 1/2 ton status

You think that is stupid? Last year at tthe local mud drags some duma$$ put an old F body on a burb frame, It was the stupidest thing i have ever seen.

13. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I think if someone took the time and fabbed the body over without using like 10" of body lift mounts it might looks better but my thought is how well can you see where you are going or driving over obstacles when you are laying back in a car seet and can't see over the hood too easy

14. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I doubt that it was built with that kind of wheeling in mind. It seems to me that it would be more of a "point it at a mud hole and gun it" rig... at least thats what I would do with it...

15. AnthonyG

AnthonyG 1/2 ton status

Yah it got a good run at the mud but but got stuck befor the ass end even got dirty