Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bad customer service

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by YELL78, Nov 6, 2005.

1. YELL78

YELL78 Registered Member

hello
    i just wanted to post a quick message in this forum to inform everyone on my experiance with ORD.
    first off i read alot of the messages on this web site and everyone seems hold ORD in such high regard as far as products and service is concerned,
    i was i need of a few certian products they offer, so as we all do i placed a substantial order with them and all seemed to be in good standing with my order. a few days later i called for a tracking number and they could not give me one, i was informed that my parts would arrive on a certian date and that was fine.
    the day came and i recevied my parts and all was good i thought, upon further inspection i had recived the wrong parts not a big deal so i call ORD and try to get the situation resolved i called close to the end of buisness and they had to turn their computer back on tho check on my order and thats when their represenative seemed to be a little annoyed with the situation ,
    as we spoke about my dissapiontment the Rep was getting more rude and not wanting to help the way a good customer service rep should.
    I am going to be expecting a call om monday morning from this rep and hopfully they decide to do what is nessesary to regain my confidense in this compamy, but for now as it stands at the moment i will not do any buisness of any manner with OffRoad design.

2. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Interesting first post... :rolleyes: I have my first order in right now and will let you know how it goes. The customer service was great while ordering the components for my doubler and I'm betting I won't have any problems. :D

Last edited: Nov 6, 2005
  3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Last time I placed an order it arrived quickly and was spot on. They took the time to give me free advice over the phone (I was in dire need of a little "education") and I got exactly what I needed. The parts are very high quality. No complaints here.

4. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I put in a decent sized order from ORD and got all the parts in two shipments. I pissed and moaned on the board that the second half of my parts hadn't arrived and it turned out that the person that ordered before me got the last drag link they had in stock. Everyone I've spoken with over the phone there has been more than helpful. I've only been asked if they could call me back once, and from me hanging up to my phone ringing again there was a grand total of less than five minutes.

My guess is that it's a fluke and they'll help you out any way they can.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

tell ya what if you want the best help then ask for stephen. he is the #1 man . and also take a few minutes and cool off. the other day i called and thay were so bissy i needed to call back. and on top of that thay have at least 1-2 new helpers on the phones. thay are new to this and need time to get use to it.

thay will make it correct. and this is the first real problem of this size i have heard of from them. if you want to get mad at a vender then do a quick search for the real bad ones. you might just find them.

off road design is 100% in my book. i have spent lots of cash with them. :waytogo: :thumb: :saweet:

6. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I think that you are overreacting a little bit. Call, or wait for the call on monday and you will see that it is all taken care of.

7. sf_wood

sf_wood Registered Member

all i can say about ORD is that everytime i called i have had nothing but excellent service (Denise,Tammy,and of course Stephen) all more than helpfull. shoot i ordered alot of parts about 6 months ago finally got around to installing body mounts and 1" lift. noticed some stuff missing called talked to Tammy and she remembered who i was . 3 days later all parts at my door :bow: THESE GUYS KICK ASS.

8. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

There was a small mixup with my first order, but they fixed it quick. The order was enormousand I was a noob. They have always been very helpful, and Stephen is very good. I continue to by from them because they are so helpful.

BTW...Generally not a good idea to slam a preferred vendor as your first post. As far as calling at close of business, I have received a phone call from them 3 hours AFTER they close. ORD is good people.

9. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

Yea, what he said. you might have got someone new or something. i dont know why you had situation, but give them a chance to correct it before ya bad mouth them like there a lousy shop. i have spent a great amount of money with them and have had nothing but GREAT customer service from them. i have spent as much as 30 minuites just talking shop with Stephen, and he doesen't even know me. i dont think you will find vary few people if ANY that agree with you on this.

10. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ord

I have nothing but GOOD to say about ORD! I've only orderd parts from Stephen and have had no problems, I got all my orders when he said I would get them if not earlier!...Great customer service and very knowlegable. I will continue doing buisness with ORD as lond as they have what I need!! :D

11. YELL78

YELL78 Registered Member

I was not trying ti slam their compant i was only trying to get some feedback to see if anyone has had this problem.
    i am going to give them the chance to fix the mess up of coarse and when they do i will be dooing buisness with them again. I am just very Anal when it comes to ordering stuff thats all i probably over reacted as well but they will come through im sure. Im not trying to piss anyone off here.

12. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

LOL...yes there are others like yourself that have had issues ordering from ORD..

I ordered crossover steering kit and an AGR steering box from Stephen about 2 years ago. My AGR box was sent to to my OLD address...and I had to drive over 45 minutes to pick it up. (It's a good thing I gave my phone number to the guy I sold my house to)

My crossover took 2 months to hit my door...

Like you...I wasn't able to get a UPS ID number...and had to chase down Stephen to get my parts.

I'm not bashing ORD at all...just pointing out no vendor is perfect...
    Stephen will take care of you...just be patient...and be glad you're in good hands. ;)

13. YELL78

YELL78 Registered Member

i guess i should eat my words i just got a call from ORD and they said i should have the right parts tomarrow and they are going to pick up the other ones so i guess i sound like an @$$ hole i made sure to appologise for being so gruff, It looks like i will be doing buismess with them from now on.

14. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I just placed my first ORD order Dana 60 kingpin bushings, Cross-over, both steering braces, brake lines, Front and rear U-bolts. Tammy was who answered the phone and she was very pleasant and helpful. She even told me that my crossover would not ship with everything else (tomorrow) because they are having problems getting ends in. As far as customer service they all get an A+++.

Ira

15. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

Glad to see everything was righted for you. I agree with the above, ordered lots of stuff from ORD. Got fast shipping and great service everytime. Stephen will take care of you. He's always willing to answer questions concerning products.

16. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

My steering brace was ordered by phone , was a PLEASANT CONVERSATION , and arrived sooner than I thought . I would have more stuff if I had more cash :D

17. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

I have ordered many parts from ORD before and never had an issue.. Stephen has even given me plenty of advice for FREE about building up my K5 and to me thats going above and beyond. Sucks that you had a bad time with the sales rep, but maybe that rep was having a bad day, sometimes those happen.. :rolleyes:

18. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I called ORD yesterday. After asking a bunch of stupid noob questions, and taking a half hour of Stephens time, My 56" 4" lift rears are on the way. We went over all combinations possible and together decided this is what I needed. Great guy, great service, great products.
    Thanks again Guys.

19. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Thanks guys. Not much more I can say.
    maybe: I'll pass it on too.

20. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

ORD shirts for everyone? :D j/k