Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bad day for wheelin

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MOBK5, Dec 27, 2005.

1. MOBK5

MOBK5 1/2 ton status

I went wheelin today, and it was the dumbest decision ever. First sign it was a bad move, my serp. belt came off on the way to this girls house who wanted to ride with me. I go pick her up, and light a cigarette, and she comments "red lighters are bad luck". Second sign. We get to the entrance of the trails and she says " Is this gonna hurt your truck?" and of course I tightened up and mouthed "Dont you know this is a K5 Blazer?" Third sign.

Three signs, still went out.

Me and my friend with his toyota start playing around in some mud, climbing up some walls and whatnot. Hes going off on these hills because his truck isnt his DD, however I took it easy since the Blazer is my DD.

I go to this one hill that ive been up before, and start to try and climb it. Dont get up. Back up, get more speed, still didnt make it. Now I was getting kindof hotheaded. Backed up some more, hit it harder, and the truck did the get stuck/hop around, then "BANG!" Bye 10 bolt inner.

To top it off, my tire gets a hole in it, and I have to use my friends spare, and run it backwards to get to a buddys shop.

Summary:
    Busted axle shaft
    Cut bald 33" bfgmt
    Serious death wobble now
    Steering dampener dumped
    Tranny leaks
    Busted up tailgate

Bad day for wheelin.

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Where'd y'all go? :D

3. MOBK5

MOBK5 1/2 ton status

Commerce.

4. nvrenuf

Now you have an excuse to get new (bigger) tires and bigger axles. :thumb:

5. MOBK5

MOBK5 1/2 ton status

That is a good excuse, but excuses dont produce cash!:D

6. nvrenuf

Two words : sugar + momma :pimp:

7. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

:rolleyes:
    to the mall????

8. nvrenuf

Nice... pay attention smart guy, I'm local to MobK5. :surepal:

9. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Just a few quick bad day wheelin because of showing off for girls stories:D

In 95 my tow rig was a brand new Z71 that I lifted 6" did all the performace mods I could afford and all around sweet truck. Had a girl want to go for a ride offroad but had little time. So I headed out to the local baseball complex where a "large" dirt drainage area runs behind. We were going well in the bottom of the drain and decided it was time to call it quites. In order to leave you have to pick a spot cut the wheel and get on the gas to climb out. Well there is a bunch off tall grass (feet tall) on the banks and it was hiding a smashed half of an old car. I came up the side caught a bit of air and landed on the grill, the tire of my truck got hung on the bumper and it litterly ripped the tire in half and removed it from the rim. Put the tiny spare on the truck and got err home. Long story short 300.00 and a dent in my pride to take a girl out that never "took me out"

About 2 years ago I sold my 2001 Z71 that had more mods to list and was in perfect imaculate shape to an employee of mine. Well that first friday night he told me he was taking some girl out to do some muddin in his new truck. I told him that I would be at work late and was already tired so UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE if he got stuck to call me to pull him out. At about 3 AM I get a call from him, pissed off I answered the phone simply I am not getting out of bed to come pull you out. He laughed a bit and said he wasn't stuck in the mud. I had to get the story and after a trip about 30 minutes from town I came upon my perfect condition truck sitting on its side:eek1: He was on one of the nicest dirt roads in NM that gets bladed often and the sides of the road have about a 6ft mount of dirt. He was heading home and the girl asked if he could make it up the dirt on the side and he said that is curb for this truck. He stupidly hit the birms at an angle and simply rolled it onto it's side. It busted out asll the drivers side windows because it landed on the rocky road. Cracked the front and rear glass, dented or broke every piece of sheet metal and plastic on the drivers side. Then as he and the girl tried to figure out what to do they sat in the air on the passenger door calling people before they called me. This dented in the passenger door. The biggest issue was that there was no way to right it without moving it away from the birms. I either had to call a friend and get a track hoe out to pick it up or just grag it by straps away from the wall. I wasn't pleased so I just hooked on and "stroked" it away from the birms. Did make me laugh as I heard it scrapping across the rocks. Then a strap on the frame and tugged it onto its feet. She started right up and ran perfectly. The next few weeks were spent removing most of the trucks sheetmetal and welding on new skin:wink1:

10. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

That isnt badluck, thats showin off fo'some poonannie... I dont think theres a redneck that hasnt broke parts showing off for the girls:D

11. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Thats how I shattered my back window on the k5.

We were mudding in a hole back home and I hit a berm to hard and the tailgate fell down and shattered the back window :doah: :doah:

12. gn4u2c

gn4u2c 1/2 ton status

please son you got off easy my last showoff event ended like this :D Not a straight panel left .

truck 22222222222222.jpg

13. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

being able to go wheelin' in the first place: PRICELESS

14. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

So in 97 my buddy buys a 77 Scout (1st mistake).
    He picks me and my fat ass cousin Luke up at my house (2nd Mistake)

Now he had seen my truck (an 83 GMC 1/2 ton) go from Stock to big over the last several years, and tthere was a mud hole all the kids used to go through down by a gas station that was more or less all water and about 3.5-4 feet deep.

Ok, so he picks us up and says he wants to drive the scout through the hole to initiate it. I say bad idea dude. we need to go through it and make sure it's sound first. (The thing is like 5 hours old...to him). He takes the sharp left leading out of my street, my fat cousin shifts hard in the rear seat, hits the floor, we hear a snap and something starts rubbing a little. No big deal. We stop and look. The body mount broke. HAHAHA!!! Kevin is determined to run his truck through the hole and I told bad idea. If you get stuck, I'm not helping get you out...

We get down there and he asks slow, or fast? I say medium. He tries to hit it fast then crawl through. The wave goes over the hood and kill the motor. I laugh my ass off and put my feet up to avoid the water. He crancks the engine sucks water into the 345 and blows it. We had to get the biggest dick in school to pull the scout out. That truck has been in his driveway getting worked on for 8 years now. New 396, D60s frnt and rear, 208, and th400. All new body and floor tub, boxed frame, 1 ton chevy frame with 56in springs, blah blah blah....

Like ten thousand dollars in a truck he has had for 8 years and driven a TOTAL of 30 miles. And that's probably being genorous......

Could be worse dude.....