Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bad exhaust day

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wraenking, Jul 27, 2004.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

well, i ordered the y pipe from napa, and it almost fit perfect except that the drive shaft would have went right through it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

so i found a guy localyy to do everything i want for 300, and he said most likely less. a friend had some custome exhaust done and said he is really good.

sound like a good price?

it includes fabbing the y pipe, to the cat, i will supply the flowmaster, and he also do the tailpipe.

input please

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Seems a little high. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifIIRC when I priced out a similiar setup the pipe work, which included fabricating the Y-pipe from factory manifolds, was around $200. But that could be the difference between Colorado & New Jersey. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I still haven't fixed my y-pipe . When exhaust was done at stock height it was out of the way , now with the lift it rubs my driveshaft so there is a shiny spot on it . Been too lazy to drive down to get it fixed , and I am wheeling again this weekend /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. el diablo

el diablo Registered Member

Just as a gauge I had a complete custom exhaust put in a 350 powered TLC for $300, from the manifold all the way back. That was in Calif.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Mine was 350.00 for everything and new studs in AZ 2 years ago when stock . They even asked me if I wanted my c-clamp back that was holding the drivers side flange /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif