Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BAD FREAKING DAY!!! STUPID SLIP YOKE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rick88blaze, Jan 10, 2004.

1. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I went to change the seal and bushing on the rear output of my 208 today, low and behold the Timken bushing that I bought from Autozone is too small. It's the right part, but it just slips through the housing. Then I go to Carquest to get one from them. I get home, and the same damn thing happens. The last time I did this, I bought the bushing and seal from the dealer and it fit fine. So now my K5 is going to just sit until Monday. Then I get to take back both parts to AZ and Carquest. Then I'm going to go to the dealer and hopefully get the right one. This time I'm taking the housing with me to make sure the [darn] bushing fits right. RANT OFF!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Anybody else have this happen before. I know that both sets are the right part #, or at least I think they are. They are both part # 5208. One is Timken and the other is Federal Mogul. Hopefully the housing isn't wollered out or anything. That's going to suck if I have to go find another tailshaft housing.

Can somebody confirm this part # for me? Please.

Rick

Oh yeah, before anybody suggests it, I am planning on doing a SYE after I get back from Korea next year. That or swapping out my 700r4/208 for a sm465/205/3 combo. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I dont know the part #, but if you find out the housing is bad I have one Id sell. Send me a PM if you need it.

3. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep that in mind. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif