Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bad fuel gage? New senders and good grounds- gage says 1/4 full when full

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by COCHEV, Jun 28, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

one tank always read 1/4 full when full and the other was always pegged full. so i figured if i was going to drop em both i'd do both sending units. all the wiring looks good as far as i can tell and both grounds are well mounted to clean serfaces. so now with both tanks full (saddle tanks- 86 long bed) both read 1/4 full. so i guess i need a new gage or am i missing something? also, and i don't think this matters but im going to throw it in there, the P.O. but a gage in from a diesel. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

3. GORRILLA

GORRILLA 1/2 ton status

Just a suggestion but check all your transfer switch wiring.
    Had a 87 longbed that wouldn't work off both tanks until I cleaned all the contacts and cleaned the mechanisim on the frame rail.
    Gorrilla
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

we had an 88 dually at work that read 1/4 tank when full off both tanks, we just used it like a mini gauge. 1/4 full, 1/8 tank = half full. it was pretty accurate. never did figure out why it was that way. i thought it might have came like that from factory since it was like that when we bought it.

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

mine reads 1/2 when its full, gets down the 1/4 real fast and it will sit at empty for a damn long time before i gotta refuel.