Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bad Lean

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bee32, Aug 29, 2001.

1. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

This is my first K-5 and it sits on a four inch block lift with front leaf springs but it leans towards the back about an inch downgrade from the front. Is that natural for chevy's or is it worn/broken rear springs?
    Brian

Brian
    83 K-5 4" on 33's

2. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

i have seen this a million times on blazers around town. in my limited expieriance i would assume its saggy springs. if there is a hitch for towing a trailer the previous owner probably used it and that will cause saggy springs. easy fix is to get a bigger lifting block which will give you more axle wrap and eventually break something. the best fix is to get yourself a shackle flip kit and some new rear springs. you may want to go with a slightly taller spring than in the front so you can balance out the truck when your new springs start to sag and they will eventually

3. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

That's a K5 trademark. All K5's sag in the rear a little. ORD makes a 0 rate add-a-leaf to remedy this problem. I got an add-a-leaf from 4WPW about 3 years ago and it raised my rear end a little higher than my front. Easy fix.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red></font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Estebans-album>Take A Gander At My Truck Here.</a>

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

You can do a couple things.

1. Get a regular long add-a-leaf
    2. Get the 0 Rate add-a-leaf
    3. Get new springs..

But overall my opinion would be to ditch the blocks and get an ORD 4" Shackle flip and the 0 rate 1" add-aleaf...

Mike

<font color=green>"It's like a sore dick deal, You cant beat it!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

5. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Thanks yall, I think I will get an add-a-leaf now and in a few months I'll get the shackles(budget permitting tires are next on list.)hopefully.

Brian
    83 K-5 4" on 33's