Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bad mounts or too much axle wrap?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BowtieBlazer, Nov 18, 2003.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Just finished my 4" lift, I have a crate 350 and a 465, I noticed since my swap, if I gas it hard, my whole tranny shifter lunges forward, am I dealing with bad tranny mounts, bad motor mounts, both or some driveline related issue such as axle wrap thats binding it enough to make the whole system shift forward

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Proabably a bad tranny mount, motor mount, or both.

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

My shifter kind of goes forward when I gas it, and I had new motor mounts in last year. I dont think it's as sever as yours, so I'd check tranny mounts first.

4. BowtieBlazer

I guess its time to do both anyway as I don't think the tranny mount has ever been done and the engine mounts have been sometime as well, not to mention my motor is fairly torquey and I have blocks out back /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

I'd say from rest to gassed the shifter moves about 6" forward /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You'll really like the loss of driveline slop when you put in the new tranny mount. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. BowtieBlazer

Come'on you think a 250+lb tranny on a 20 year old peice of rubber does bad things? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif