Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bad night...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chevit, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

my neighbor who has been clean and sober for the last twentyfive years just about O.D'ed on heroin tonight. I had to break down his bathroom door after his Asain wife came over here screaming. I could not beleave it after all these years why would he do somthing like this, it just blow my mind away. He has Hep. C and been dealing with that, his mom just passed away. I kick my self in the ass for not seeing it coming... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

aww. sorry man.. someone in my family who has been clean for about 10 years just went back to pot... i know its not the worst drug... but it might lead to worse /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway good luck with the neighbor and i hope it turns out fine

3. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I can speak from experience............... human beings are unpredictable. Don't beat yourself up about "not seeing it coming". Chances are that the guy is under alot of stress with everything in his life and had one moment of weakness. Be his friend and help him overcome this obstacle.

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

in something like this all that guy nees is a good friend. Dont beat yourself up about it, moabdad should know just how unpredictable people are he has to deal whith em all the time. Just by being a good friend youll help more than you might emagine

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

good lord, makes ya miss the good ol days when hard liqour was as bad as it got.

j

6. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Well just picked him up from the hospitol and they said if they would of got there a minute later he would be DEAD...[darn] oh dear, I feel really bad... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

thats too bad,I hate to see people fall off the wagon after being sober for years.I have a friend that is a bad crack addict. Blows every dollar he makes on that sh!t.He is 48 years old and has nothing.Tried to get him help but you cannot help those who do not want to be helped /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Well I callled over to his house this evening and talked to his wife, she said he was up all night throwin up and he has sleeping most of the day...this guy was a big honcho in N/A this is what blows my mind. He has not really been active in it for the past couple of years because his Asian wife did not understand what it was all about, he did tell me last night that he had to get involved again... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I know from my personal experience many of the worst and biggest descisions happen on the spur of the moment with little to know forethought.