Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bad parenting

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddin4fun, Mar 8, 2002.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I really would like to smack the lady that's in the office right now. She's got three kids with her. All of them are loud. BUT, also curious. Which is fine. She is spanking one of them every 2 min. I seriously timed it. Every two minutes at the least. They'll ask her a 'why is this blah blah' and she'll say, "Because!!".
    It is very obvious she spanks them too much cause they whine when she spanks them then their off doing the same thing. They're numb now. And she won't take the time to answer questions they have...all she's done for the past hour is yell at them. I can't stand parents like that! Why the **** did she have three kids????? I mean..it's not like you have one and figure out it's a lot more work than you thought...but three!!!! *smack*
    GRRRR!!!

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yep thats why I drink so I don't get stessed at the end of the day and wanna smack my three, after a couple a good drinks the little stuff dosent seem to be such a big deal /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

She reeps what she sows.... when those kids reach an older age they'll be telling her to go to hail and doing whatever they want too.... she obviously doesn't know the difference between discipline and teaching her kids.... I feel for those kids... but I see it about everyday... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

4. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

And parents like that are the first to ask the question, "Why are kids so screwed up nowadays?!?!"

Hmmm...I wonder!!!

My boys learned young...a "look" is all I need to give them and they usually snap back in line.

5. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

my parents seem to have gotten me to turn out right... as an assistant scoutmaster, one can only hope at least.. ./forums/images/icons/crazy.gif but seriously, Iw as taught through occasional spankings as a child, all my questions were answered, and as I grew older, I was taught `do it right, or do it again' which eventually rubbed off to the extent that the last few jobs I've quit, I;ve had managers who've called back and asked if I was interested in getting rehired...

I've learned the power of `the Look' and use it on the Unruly Scouts I've got to deal with all the time, and the kids at the train park with generaly `good' or `great' results... of course, my glare can be interpreted in one of 2 ways... with my hair up in a pony tail, its generaly interpreted as subtle anger... with my hair down, partialy in my face, its seen as pure malevolent psychoticness. neither one is something that most normal people feel like tangling with, especaily kids, so I have few problems.

the only thing worse then that, has got to be the parents who just don't care.... the kid runs around, and begins smashing things, and the parent just ignores them... the kid falls over, and gets hurt, the parent ignores them... the kid starts screaming at someone, and the parent reproachfully comes over, and starts telling said adult they can't talk to thier kid that way, and see you in court and other assorted hollow threats....

oh well, I'm not ready for kids... I;m too irresponsible. I just wish that other people could see it that way, and not have kids until they are.

-Rich

6. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

well being a parent of two autistic children means that I gotta be a real tiger. it is much harder then dealing with normal children, and ya know what 3 years ago my we couldn't take my children anywhere, and now I can pretty much take them anywhere I want.

I don't call myself a master parent by anymeans, but we've done incredibly well with these two.

I believe in spanking, but spanking isn't want changes the child. I use other forms of punishment, but when they don't work is the only time I spank my child, and right after we spank we show an outpouring of love to let the child know we love them, and that is why we spank them. the children realize that your not their enemy.

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ok what was my Sister-in-law doing in your office?

8. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

I thought that was my sister in law!?! It is amazing how youg kids know how much they can get away with and with who.
    I have had my 2 nephews (4 and 18 months) for about 11 months while my sister in law straightens her life out. The boys don't even try to get away with that around me, but when their mother comes around its gimmie, and i want and all that crap. I never gave young kids that much credit for being that aware of how they can manipulate adults until I got these 2.
    It doesn't take much to have well behaved kids, but these days many parents don't take the time to figure out what it takes.