Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bad racing crash *pics*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 79k20350, Mar 12, 2007.

1. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Well I was racing at Mototown USA yesterday and fell HARD in my heat race.

I got a bad start and was coming through the pack of riders. I was easily the second fastest guy there but the bad start killed me.

I came through a rythym section and could see 2 guys down in the turn. I had no where to go but over the berm. So I went off the track and around the berm. When I went to get back on, I swearved onto the track and hit the face of a table top. The jump through me weird (I think I hit a rock) The nose of the bike droped and back end kicked out. I landed on the front end, fell off the bike and it landed on my legs.

Its a damn good thing I was wearing my full chest protector (front and back) and not just the roost gaurd (Just covers the front/ shoulders) I usually wear.

The bike landed hard on my ankle and its swollen up to at least 2 times its normal size, and is now bruised. Nothing broken and I can walk on it. I even went to work today, although I prolly shouldnt have.

Minor scrathes/ bruises some road burn on my arms (ive learned to tuck and roll so no broken arms, thank god)

Bars on the bike are bent and my brand new helmet is smashed up:mad:

I was very lucky though. A friend of mine who saw my crash came up to me and had this to say "Man, that looked EXACTLY like Mike's crash, except you didnt step off the bike!"

I dont think any comment has ever scared me that much. If any of you remember Mike is a buddy of mine who broke his back racing last year in April. So this comment sent chills down my spine and made me see how close I was to a serious injury.

So ive decided not to race the indoor series anymore. Bad luck has followed me so far so im gonna prepare for outdoors. Im much more comfortable there.

Anyways, heres the pics

Ankle 2.JPG

Ankle.JPG

body 002.jpg

body 001.jpg

body 003.jpg

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear aboot your owie :( .

Hope you heal fast :wink1: !!

3. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

x2:wink1:

4. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Thanks guys, im sore but ill be ok. My foot/ ankle hurt real bad this morning but once I walked on it for a while it wasnt so bad:o

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Those ankle pics make me cringe. I have a few of those "this is a normal ankle compared to my injured one." I must say....that is some impressive swelling.:bow: :doah:

Glad you are ok. You might want to get that ankle looked at. I have learned that you can still walk on a broken ankle.....depending on what bones are broken.:eek1:

Take it easy and get well!!:waytogo:

6. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Thanks man. If the swelling doesnt go down anymore (which it has since this mornin) then im going to get it looked at.

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

damn man thats some good carnage, hope you get better

8. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

9. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

No vic's but a perc may have been aquired...:crazy:

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

sheeeot,,,even better :waytogo:

like HE said,,,:haha: :D

Jay hell ya.gif

11. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

so, at the time of the crash, were you laying there on the ground with your bike on top of you,,,and just happened to look up in the air,,and see this?,,,:haha:

birds6izzm2.gif

12. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Nope, I saw some other guys coming, somehow weasled out from under my bike and made a b line to the side of the track, narrowly avoiding another accident. It didnt hurt tillt he adreniline wore off a few minutes later :eek1::crazy:

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

no sissy wrecks huh NICK????i'm glad your OK.indoor tracks are funky cuz they get moved/ messed with. outdoor tracks stay close to the same, so it's easier to manipulate.the worst one i was on was a track in Portland MI.whoever redid the track had a major oil leak.we all complained to the owner and he told us to quit whining about mud?:dunno: i hated that place.:D

14. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

good call running.my friend Mike hit the second double and was hit by another rider. when he went to get up he was hit again.and again and again.:eek1: everytime we ran out to grab him another bike was coming.he ended up with a broken collarbone and a bunch of scratches.

15. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

When you know your going down, and how fast your going to do it. That adreniline rush is something else! But damn it hurts when it's over. I mainly do woods riddin', so I'm still stuck in a tree, or laying in a ditch, when it starts to hurt.:doah:Glad to hear your ok!

16. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I know the track well, i have membership and will still practice there. Its just not a great track for racing. Its too tight and the guys in my class (some of them) can be complete goons. It gets old very quick:crazy:

17. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

glad to hear you didn't get seriously injured. its been a long time since ive had and ankle injury, but i feel your pain. btw, what kinda boots do you have?

daryl, one of the most fun tracks ive been to is portland, don't know what your talking about. my dad is very good friends with the club president and just about every member there, we can get a key and go riding when ever we want there.

my last big crash was in the woods near goshen indiana while racing and enduro. i was following the trail, there were a few small hills, i came up one and decedied to jump it a little and land down the back side, it wasn't that steep it was probably 12-15 feet high or so. i hit it and get over the top and the back side just drops right off, i probably could have saved it, but there was a guy on a ktm crashed right where i was gonna land. my front wheel went right between his rear fender and his rear tire. it threw me up on the bars while balancing on the front tire, then i fell over on the guy. it scarred the hell out of me more than anything else. it messed his side panel up. come to find out the guy that i landed on was on a local forum that im on also. the other side of his bike got messed up way worse than what i did to it about 5-10 miles down.

18. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

sounds like the lounge...:haha: :haha:

Good thing your young.

19. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I have fox forma pro's. I dont think it was twisted, al least not that bad, i think the bike landed on it hard but i cant be sure:crazy:

20. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

ive never like fox boots, or fox anything for that matter. seems to be the cheapest of the cheap quality and your paying for the name.

i know my old alpinstar and my sidi boots, it would take a hell of a hit from the side before i would feel it, let alone make it swell like that. my next boots will be gearne, ive had small issues with my currect sidi's, the screws keep loosing up, the pivot actually pulled threw the plastic. also they use a fiberglass foot plate, i broke the one in the right boot kicking my bike over. they have lasted me 4 years though. i liked my aplinestars, but their quality is going down hill. when a $300 boot falls apart in just over a year, i go to something else.