Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BAD rattle/clank coming from underneath

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigJim85, Aug 27, 2002.

1. BigJim85

BigJim85 1/2 ton status

Do my troubles ever end? Now I got a terrible noise comming from underneath my truck. Sounds like metal rattling against metal, and it's quit loud. Seems in time with the RPM's, and will not happen in park or neutral. It's gotta be my tranny (700R4, rebuilt once), but is there anything else it might be? What might it be in the tranny? This really pisses me off, since I don't have the money or the time to deal with it right now.

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Mine would make that noise, but only in reverse or in drive under heavy power. Ended up being a cracked flexplate and one of the weights on it was bent. Check for the cracked flexplate, I bet that's it.

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

put the t-case in neutral and the tranny in drive and see if it does it...Also, check the motor and tranny mounts and u-joint straps...You can also put the trankny in neutral with the engine of and turn the driveline and see if you can pinpoint the source...

Chris

4. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

5. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Jeez BigJim, mines making a bad noise too. But I think mine will rattle in Park (as it does in Drive). Damn 700's /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Cool link Scoot. I just don't see my symptoms there. Guess I'll have to stop crindging when I hear it and pay attention.