Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bad sensors

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by steve_97, Mar 20, 2002.

1. steve_97

steve_97 Registered Member

I was wondering if the computer does not give any service codes, does that mean all of the sensors are good or can there still be problems? 94 chevy 4x4.

thanx

2. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

usually if a sensor goes bad, it'll trigger a code. thats due to the fact that the sensor is no longer taking a reading that is consistent with the previous readings.

one sensor that usually draws a phantom code is the EGR.

if you want, you can run the codes anyway and see if there's anything stored. if not, then you don't really have anything to worry about. the sensors are still in good enough condition that the truck is getting consistent readings.

3. steve_97

thank you, i already ran the codes, it came up good. I was just wondering because it seems like i have less power. might need new wires, but plugs are new, also getting like 12 mpg in town.

thanx

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

02 swnsors dont always set off a code, but can be bad.

5. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

i second what desertdueler said about the O2....you might wanna replace that and see what happens. also, your cat might be dead as well.

6. steve_97

Catco stainless Y-pipe and cat from summit along with a new o2 sensor is already in the plans. The help is always greatly appreciated. I'll post in about 2 weeks to let everyone know if it helped.
    thanx